Author Topic: nRF905 library for AVR  (Read 3190 times)

Offline amperiumTopic starter

• Contributor
nRF905 library for AVR
« on: May 14, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »
Hi guys,
for a new project I need to communicate wireless between 2 AVRs. For that I chose a
module with a nRF905 on it.
Now I'd like to ask if anyone has a library for this controller. It would save me quite a lot of time.
Thanks!

-amperium

Offline linux-works

• Super Contributor
    • netstuff
Re: nRF905 library for AVR
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 03:51:34 pm »
I have a pair of them but have not even opened the wrappers (boxes) yet.

I do use xbees quite a lot.  they are a lot more expensive but they are also very easy and reliable to use.  no library even needed, just pure ttl/serial in and out.

anyway, once I finally do get around to the nrf module I'll see how it compares.  you may also want to get a pair of xbee modules and try both of those rf technologies out.

and of course, there is also the ESP wifi module that everyone is hacking on and talking about.  also ttl serial to talk from controller to the wifi module and it has the benefit of being able to connect to webservers or anything else IP.

Offline amperiumTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 10:06:30 pm »
Thank you for your answer!
The reason why I'm using nRF905 is that they are really cheap.

I'll have a look, thanks!

Offline linux-works

• Super Contributor
    • netstuff
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:18:39 pm »
I bought a pair, too, since they are cheap and have library support.  I just have not even opened their wrappers yet, let alone looked at any code ;)

too many other things going on, but I do plan to explore them.

the reason I mentioned the xbee is that its a zero effort module.  if you can talk wired over ttl serial, you can then get an rf link with a pair of xbees for zero effort.  that's what I really like about them and that's why they can ask so much money for what is really not all that much technology inside.  its just convenient as hell to have an easy serial ttl wireless transport.

Offline Muxr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 05:01:24 pm »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf