Author Topic: Pellet controller board with pic32 only runs in debug mode after power error  (Read 675 times)

Offline luc.derveaux@hotmail.comTopic starter

Hello everybody, I have a board from my pelletoven not working any more. After a quick search I noticed that the powerblock was not working any more. I replaced it with the identical power modul. Powering up on the display you can see 28 09 10 in the right corner under. Also a green led is lighting indicating that the pic32mx was working.
The buttons on the displaypanel were not working , not active even no led activaty.

connecting the board via usb with my pc and starting mplab after 10 minutes a red led is start to work and the normal menu is showen on the display.

disconnecting the power of the motherboard and leaving the usb cable connected to my pc keeps the board active. If I power up again the menu appears directly.
disconnecting the usb cable the menu disappears and onlu 28 09 10 is showing back on the screen.

So the thinking is that the board runs in debug mode. something went wrong when the powermodule went bad.

The manufacturer of the pellet stove is not active any more,  so I cannot go to their support.

Any one with a idea what can be done ?

Thank you

Online NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
Such things usually happen when you have unconnected ground. The USB connection provides good ground and everything works.

It's not a debug mode For debugging, you would need to re-program the PIC.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf