Author Topic: PIC developers - can you help with Unisolder project?  (Read 1759 times)

Offline salavatTopic starter

• Contributor
PIC developers - can you help with Unisolder project?
« on: February 11, 2019, 11:45:18 pm »
Hello,

I recently assembled Unisolder controller, which I use with JBC 245 iron. The station has a potential for development (since it is based on PIC32 MCU), but unfortunately, author of the project has lost interest to this wonderful project and he does not appear on the main discussion board for soon to be almost 2 years (http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7218).

There are some things still to be implemented, such as support for hibernation (while changing tips on JBC stand), encoder support, new profiles for irons, etc.
Are there any developers who can help with further development of the project? If a substantial amount of work to be done, I think community possibly can raise funds to pay for this via Kickstarter or similar platforms...

Offline donotdespisethesnake

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded stuff
Re: PIC developers - can you help with Unisolder project?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 11:35:49 am »
I think the first thing to do would be to get the latest hardware and software into a repository somewhere. I wouldn't fancy reading through 2280 posts to work out what the latest revision is.

I notice there are a few people selling the PCBs, I guess any developer would need to be a user already of an assembled controller. Or you would need to provide them with an assembled controller.

Bob
"All you said is just a bunch of opinions."

Offline salavatTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 01:36:50 pm »
I think the first thing to do would be to get the latest hardware and software into a repository somewhere. I wouldn't fancy reading through 2280 posts to work out what the latest revision is.

I notice there are a few people selling the PCBs, I guess any developer would need to be a user already of an assembled controller. Or you would need to provide them with an assembled controller.

Thank you very much for reply.

1) There are some github repos already, surely they could be organized along with existing minor forks (such as display version for SH11306, buttons reversed, etc)
2) As sample station is concerned - it is possible too, there are assembled and working stations available, as well as it is possible to get soldering handle with a tip for developer.

Please let me know if you are willing to do this, in case you do, we probably need to run a sort of crowdfunding compaign))) for 250 USD (that is my rough estimate for controller plus handle).

Offline sparkybg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:48:49 pm »
Well, I'm back. :)

My Github repo with latest version is here:
https://github.com/sparkybg/UniSolder-5.2

A very good work with explanations is made by a friend here (I strongly suggest to take a look at it):
https://github.com/valerionew/unisolder-notes

The repos are linked, so you may use either.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf