Author Topic: PIC18F4620 LED BLINKING WORKING IN DEBUGGING BUT NOT AFTER FLASHING  (Read 1111 times)

Offline muthukural001Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello All,

Just to ensure that Microcontroller is working fine, I am trying to blink LED . Blinking is happening in Debug mode but After flashing the code nothing coming.

Please suggest..

Regards,
'Muthu

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:14:54 pm by muthukural001 »

Offline IonizedGears

• Regular Contributor
Re: PIC18F4620 LED BLINKING WORKING IN DEBUGGING BUT NOT AFTER FLASHING
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:00:32 am »
Not sure if this is your issue but I have a pickit4 and I was experiencing an issue that no matter what I did I could not get a single led to flash on a PIC18f46k22 no matter what I did. After hours of reading through the datasheet and looking online I found out by accident that it started working after I disconnected the pickit4 completely from the circuit. It would stop working as soon as I would reconnect the pickit4. Maybe you are having the same issue? Also, as a shameless hijack, does anyone know why I was getting this issue?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I am an EE with interests in Embedded, RF, Control Systems, and Nanotech.

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:02:50 am »
IIRC the debug executive on older PIC18 parts sets the whole of Port B to digital mode.   If your LED is on a Port B pin and you aren't using the LATB register to flash it, that's probably the difference.   Otherwise, as IonizedGears suggests, totally disconnect the programmer after flashing your release build, and add a 10K pullup resistor from /MCLR to Vdd.

Offline zzattack

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:32:52 am »
Better upload some code/schematics. Likely issue is floating VPP in combination with MCLR config bit set.

Offline muthukural001Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 04:54:23 am »
Hello All,

Thanks. The problem was not pulling up MCLR pin to VCC. After did this, I was able to flash My MCU.

Thanks,
Muthu

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf