Author Topic: PIC32MZ DA GLCD + EBI/PMP  (Read 1585 times)

Offline mperativTopic starter

PIC32MZ DA GLCD + EBI/PMP
« on: November 09, 2017, 05:47:33 am »
I am currently working on a project involving a TFT LCD display.  I have chosen to use the PIC32MZ2064DAH176, and will be using all pins of the GLCD peripheral on this chip to support the display.  I would like to be able to use the EBI for additional memory support, but because of the GLCD, a good portion of the EBI pins are already in use.  However, the lower 8 bits of EBI address and data pins are still available, as well as the OE, RP, and WE pins.  These remaining pins are enough to support my application, but I was wondering if these free pins (and the EBI module itself) can even be used when the GLCD is enabled.

A more direct version of my question is: can the GLCD and EBI modules both be enabled, or is it one or the other?  According to the data sheet, the answer is no... ish.  Section 26 (page 391) of the PIC32MZ DA datasheet states "When using the EBI module, Graphics LCD Controller (GLDC) functionality is not available, as most of the I/O between the EBI module and the GLCD is shared."

While it seems as if I already have the answer, I don't.  Since you can setup the EBI to use only the lower bytes of both address and data pins and function without any chip selects, the remaining EBI pins are not multiplexed to the GLCD.  I do not currently have hardware to use to answer this question and was wondering if anybody has successfully used both the GLCD and EBI (simultaneously) on this (or similar) PIC32.

Thank you.

Offline Arjen_Arg

• Contributor
Re: PIC32MZ DA GLCD + EBI/PMP
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:44:58 pm »
While I don't have the answer to your question, and I hope someone shows up with it, I have found that MPLAB Harmony or Code Configurator are very useful to test these things out. If they let you set it up and create the code, it often means that it's allowed. It's not guaranteed, but in lack of a better answer, that might help you test out the idea.

The following users thanked this post: mperativ

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf