Author Topic: programing the Nano  (Read 1486 times)

Negative-Bias

programing the Nano
« on: July 25, 2015, 08:40:01 am »
Hello, I have a arduino uno, and I want to program a arduino nano, I'm not sure what I need to do this, can I use the uno to put the code on a nano, or do I need something else, I come from the pic chip era where I have a programmer , which I suppose is of no use to the arduino system
Any help would be greatly appreciated  and thank you in advance for you knowledge.
Paul

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
Re: programing the Nano
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 08:49:44 am »
You don't need to use the Arduino Uno. Just select tell the Arduino IDE that you are using the Nano (in the Tools menu).

Offline ralphd

• Frequent Contributor
    • Nerd Ralph
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 02:55:14 pm »
You don't need to use the Arduino Uno. Just select tell the Arduino IDE that you are using the Nano (in the Tools menu).

Both the Uno and the Nano have an Atmega328p; the difference as far as the IDE is concerned is the bootloader.  The Uno has Optiboot which is 512 bytes and runs at 115.2kbps.
Some Nanos may be flashed with Optiboot, in which case you just leave the board selection as Uno, even when it is actually the Nano plugged in.
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. Einstein

Negative-Bias

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:38:06 pm »
Hello , Thanks to both of you having a play with it now, easier than I thought. Great help thanks again.
Paul :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf