Author Topic: Proteus simulation with MPLab XC8 compiler and Nokia 3310 LCD  (Read 1973 times)

Offline panossTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I 'm trying to test the Nokia 3310 LCD screen in a Proteus project, with MPLab 's XC8 as compiler.
The project is in the zipped attachment. I followed the instructions from here.
It' s made with Proteus 8.6.
I 'm trying to display a simple "Hello World!" in the LCD, but when I run the simulation the screen just goes white and displays nothing.
In the simulation log there is no error, only one of the messages says '[COFF] Could not load source file 'C:\Users\PANAGI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\df04bf04ed354ff8a43fcdaea54aefd1\PIC16F877A\Debug\Debug.as'. [U1]
'.
What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:17:27 pm by panoss »

Online VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
Re: Proteus simulation with MPLab XC8 compiler and Nokia 3310 LCD
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:51:46 pm »
From my experience, you should avoid proteus. That simulation is not reliable and you must use the real circuit to find out what happens.

Offline roland_tmm

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 02:00:44 pm »
Hi,

Roland here, the one who wrote the blog post you linked to. The example on that page used Proteus 8.1. I haven't tried using 8.6 so maybe its a version problem.

Just to confirm: did you install the Nokia 3310 library files for Proteus? Also can you give the code you used to write "Hello World"?

Offline panossTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 05:16:28 pm »
Hi Roland.
Yes. I did download these files (and put them respectively on the folders Model and Library).
Any way I solved it in another way but now I'm having other problems with Proteus, for which I 'll open a new topic.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:33:25 pm by panoss »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf