Author Topic: PSOC 4 pioneer kit  (Read 2279 times)

Offline R_G_B_Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
PSOC 4 pioneer kit
« on: July 29, 2018, 05:48:02 pm »

Has anyone here managed to successfully get the software for this to work in order to start developing projects of sorts.

The PSOC target device is CY8C4245AXL-483

I managed to install the software PSOC creator windows XP however when i have created a new project gone through the led demo tutorial on cypress webs site. I am unable to build the error:

cyelftool.exe could not be started Error: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform

I came across the same error  on the cypress website for windows 10 e.g . The person copied a version of  the file from an another
computer over to theirs and it work. Somebody also changed the location of the project director and it worked also.

I can not locate the file.

Also When i tried to run this on windows 10 i got the error related to Visual C++ redistributable not found error even though its installed i tried uninstalling and reinstalling versions 2013 and 2015 on windows 10 still the same problem.

windows 10 installation error: To continue, install missing prerequisites and click on 'Recheck Prerequisites' button.

I also tried the .net fix did not make any difference.

So i am at a loss. This seems potentially like a decent piece of kit if its not for such problems.

Has any body here managed to get version PSOC creator  4.2 to work on any of these operating systems.

Which version works on XP or how can i get the hold off the file cyelfttool.exe or its location ive tried to search for it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:55:21 pm by R_G_B_ »
R_G_B

Offline newbrain

• Super Contributor
Re: PSOC 4 pioneer kit
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 06:20:19 pm »
I have recently installed PSoC Creator 4.2 on Windows 10, and had no problems whatsoever (but I'm a bit special: I never have problems with Windows! ::)).

As far as XP is concerned, 4.2 states in the release note, page 10, that at least Windows 7 is needed; this might explain the unrecognized executable.

See also here.
Nandemo wa shiranai wa yo, shitteru koto dake.

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 06:21:16 pm »
Has anyone here managed to successfully get the software for this to work in order to start developing projects of sorts.
Yes.

Sounds like the problem is with your OS installation. PSoC Creator 4.2 works fine for me under Win10.

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 01:04:52 am »
PSoC Creator 4.2 works flawlessly for me on Window 7 and 10

Offline westfw

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 06:11:12 pm »
Isn’t that the error message you’d get from trying to run a 64bit executable on 32bit Windows?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2018, 08:47:29 pm »
I now have this up and running on windows XP set up for the PSOC4 pioneer.

Tried to set up the PRS psudo random binary generator.

Used the hardware frequency  clock  24Mhz divided by 10.

Connected this to clock input of PSR

Set reset bit stream! To  logic low

Enable logic high.

PSR resolution to 16

Run mode clocked

Advanced set to single output

Digital pin output...general: digital out put .…hardware connection.

Pins... port P0[0]24 set to lock

After building and download to the
PCOC4 no output just the pin held in its high voltage state?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

R_G_B

Offline Dielectric

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 03:17:28 pm »
Did you put a call to start the PRS in main.c?  Most components won't do anything until they are explicitly started.  Clocks are start-on-reset unless otherwise configured, so you should only need the PRS to be started.

Also, if you right-click on a component (either in the schematic or in the catalog), you can pull up a code example.  They're usually helpful, although the one for the PRS is interestingly complex.

Side note, it would be nice if you explained what you did to get past the executable problem:
https://xkcd.com/979/

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 05:42:34 pm »
No I never made a call to the function. I've been using FPGA boards up until this point so I though it would be similar approach e.g

Drops the components and build and down load the design to the board.

With regards to getting it to work on windows XP I just read in a forum  the question was  if version 4.1 psoc4 creator would work on windows XP so I tried running that version. And it would not build because of the problem being the 64bit exe as mentioned in this post. So I instead assumed version 4.0 would work with XP as I could not find any comparability problems mentioned in the forum's ...indeed it installs and builds.

Now back to psudo random number generator I try your suggestion and report back ?

Thanks
R_G_B

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 11:26:37 am »
I seem to have jitter problems with the clock source please see the attachment.  What method are they using to generate the clock?

Thanks
R_G_B

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 02:43:13 pm »
Could someone please help with this.
I have looked at the clock tree and source and tried to configure in different ways altering the route from the main internal oscillator and via the PLL.

However I am still having jitter problems with this as the jitter is always present.

I also looked here however this method does not apply to psoc4 for as theres no such option to do it this way

https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-10903

Any input appreciated.

Thanks
R_G_B

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf