Author Topic: PSoC 6 101  (Read 7981 times)

Offline andyturk

• Frequent Contributor
Re: PSoC 6 101
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 02:09:04 am »
Don't get me wrong, I still think for a tiny "wearable" that just does one simple thing and sleeps most of the time, and then exchanges data/settings via BT every now and then, the nrf52 is a pretty cool option. And I'm not singling this out, it's just the latest example.... I've seen other single core RFSOC parts do similar horrors when you push past the (often undisclosed) limits of what the proprietary (often closed source) stack leaves you.
Nordic's stack seems pretty solid, and I think a lot of that comes from it taking nearly complete control of the hardware. However, we've had some problems with nRF but those have come from issues in the peripheral silicon rather than OEM firmware. It burns my grits when a nRF5x has some goofy race condition in hardware that would be a bug in anyone else's book, but they just spackle over it in a firmware update and then never update the errata.

The following users thanked this post: julianhigginson

Offline julianhigginson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 01:13:14 am »
well... mouser delivered!
 8)
now I need some time to actually get into it and see what it can do.

maybe in a few weeks.

Offline Neganur

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »
Just got the confirmation email from Digi-Key, my preorder has been shipped too.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 06:26:31 pm »
Thanks for posting the updates!  I just ordered a couple from Mouser so I should be good to go with the tutorials.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 03:05:46 am »
Oh dear. I only just started mucking with PSoC 4 and 5LP, but it looks like this might need to be added.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 01:28:36 pm »
Now the problem is waiting on the project videos.  At the moment, there are just 4 of the proposed 40 and it will take less than an hour to work through them.  Then what?

My primary interest is in the robot arm project (plus the proposed gadgetry), not the PSOC 6 itself.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf