Author Topic: Raspberry pi looks like a pretty good contendor against arduino  (Read 51008 times)

Offline gtsili

• Contributor
  • A software/systems engineer revisiting electronics
Re: Raspberry pi looks like a pretty good contendor against arduino
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2012, 05:46:29 am »
I've tried an ear thermometer but it only said 45+, a sad face and started beeping like crazy because it thought I'm going to die in the next few seconds :)

Hahahahaha, I almost fell of my chair laughing with that. Epic engineering story!!!!  ;D

gtsili: Interesting photo, thanks. Ambient temperature here isn't very high at the moment when I'm running it, 20C max. I don't have a fancy thermal imaging camera, just a cheap IR thermometer, but I'll keep an eye on the temperature when I'm next playing with the Pi.

I don't have a fancy thermal imaging camera either. The original article and images are from the guys on "hack a day".

The ambient temperature around here is always like 36 or something else when it's not raining

:o OMG

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2012, 09:00:48 pm »
The ambient temperature around here is always like 36 or something else when it's not raining
Things can get crazy here... The high ambient temperature claimed my old HP laptop many times
my 858D once
basically fried many things due to the HAT,
I hope you have airco over there? Singapore is pretty warm compared to other cities in that part of the world. I once visited the old fortress on Sentosa Island. Fortunately they had refill points for my water bottle!
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2012, 09:16:21 pm »
Things can get crazy here... The high ambient temperature claimed my old HP laptop many times
my 858D once
basically fried many things due to the HAT,
I hope you have airco over there? Singapore is pretty warm compared to other cities in that part of the world. I once visited the old fortress on Sentosa Island. Fortunately they had refill points for my water bottle!

Yeah i do, my fan is always on full so heat is not an issue, the weather's starting to cool down since Tuesday

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf