Author Topic: Samd20j18 external porgramming with Xplained Pro (Error 4109)  (Read 2302 times)

Offline matthew_zammitTopic starter

Hi, I just recently finished soldering a prototype board for a project of mine and was trying to program the SAMD20J18 using the SAMD20 Xplained Pro's external debug functionallity via SWD. However Atmel studio keeps telling me that no device is detected and an error 4109 pops up.

The Xplained Pro's debug led lights up green to signal that external debugging was detected.

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding this issue? This is my first PCB ever and am quite clueless on how to proceed. Thanks :)

Online JPortici

• Super Contributor
Re: Samd20j18 external porgramming with Xplained Pro (Error 4109)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 05:05:58 am »
Hi,
as far as i remember the debugger on a Xplained board is tied to the onboard target MCU, can't be used with other devices

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 11:40:57 am »
D20 is the only board where debugger is actually exposed to program external parts, not the on board MCU.

As for the error, I would double check the connections, especially that you have power on the target, since that is how decides to switch to external connector.
Alex

The following users thanked this post: JPortici

Offline matthew_zammitTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 07:59:57 am »
Issue resolved. I had switched the nReset with Swdio on the cortex 10-pin header, no wonder it wasn't working

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf