Author Topic: So what's a TQGA144 (Xilinx Spartan 7)?  (Read 5344 times)

Offline daqqTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • My site
So what's a TQGA144 (Xilinx Spartan 7)?
« on: October 11, 2016, 07:39:59 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm looking at the Spartan 7 series ( https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/selection-guides/cost-optimized-product-selection-guide.pdf#S7 ), and it mentions the package option TQGA144.

I can't for the life of me find any mention of a TQGA144 package anywhere on the internets. Now their TQG144 package is a TQFP144 ( http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/package_specs/tq144.pdf ). Is it reasonable to assume that the package will be the same? Also, does anyone have any data on availability?

Thanks,

David
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline ehughes

• Frequent Contributor
Re: So what's a TQGA144 (Xilinx Spartan 7)?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 01:48:18 am »
There will be no Spartan 7devices in a QFP. 

The word from the Xilinx sales guys is prototype silicon next year and general availability in 2018.    They are essentially low end Artix devices without transceivers.       

The pricing is still TBD (which is very dumb...)

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 02:28:24 am »
TQGA144 should be TQFP144

TQ = TQFP

G = Lead free

A144 = 144pin (don't really know what dose 'A' stand for, I guess maybe it means 0.5mm pitch)

:)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:33:27 am by gamalot »

Offline exmadscientist

• Frequent Contributor
  • Technically A Professional
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 02:46:44 am »
Hi guys,

I'm looking at the Spartan 7 series ( https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/selection-guides/cost-optimized-product-selection-guide.pdf#S7 ), and it mentions the package option TQGA144.

I can't for the life of me find any mention of a TQGA144 package anywhere on the internets. Now their TQG144 package is a TQFP144 ( http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/package_specs/tq144.pdf ). Is it reasonable to assume that the package will be the same? Also, does anyone have any data on availability?

Thanks,

David
If the Artix-7 launch is any guide, we're still years out from general availability. No one should be looking at Spartan-7 now unless they've already got contacts within Xilinx.

There will be no Spartan 7devices in a QFP. 
That's not what their documentation shows... but with prerelease stuff, who knows. Things can change week to week!

The pricing is still TBD (which is very dumb...)
I'll be more interested in pricing once they might actually start shipping these things!

A144 = 144pin (don't really know what dose 'A' stand for, I guess maybe it means 0.5mm pitch)

The product brief says what the A means:
Quote from: Xilinx
Notes:
Packages with the same last letter and number sequence, e.g., A484, are footprint compatible with all other devices with the same sequence. The footprint compatible devices within this family are outlined.

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 11:01:24 am »
Thanks guys, explanations appreciated.
The word from the Xilinx sales guys is prototype silicon next year and general availability in 2018. 
Damn, too long. I've been aching for something compatible with their new tools and in a normal package.

Offline ali_asadzadeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 07:56:55 am »
The ugly thing about the TQFP144 package is that it has only 72user I/O |O |O |O
ASiDesigner, Stands for Application specific intelligent devices
I'm a Digital Expert from 8-bits to 64-bits

Offline ehughes

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 01:27:06 am »
I literally just met with an app engineer and I side sales guy.     There is no real customer demand driving it and it is a useless package for a 28nm device.    Things could certainly always change but I have gotten this from the horse's mouth.   

They want this to be low cost and high volume.    The QFP is the S6 was not a popular package.       The parts DIYer purchase is a noise bit.

Just suck it up an design with a BGA.   The 1mm pitch stuff is super easy to route.

Offline antti

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 08:58:36 am »
Spartan-7 and also new Artix A12T, A25T device information is still under NDA for Early Access members. It is now possible to talk a bit in public, as Vivado 2016.3 does include Spartan-7 BSDL files in public distribution, but those devices are not enabled with standard full Vivado License.

Distribution has been crying long for Spartan-7, finally it should come also, should be fast ramp-up, so expected general availability should be before 2018 for sure.

TQFP package is of course nonsense for many use cases, except high volume products with very low PCB layer count. We prefer also of course BGA as it so much easier to assemble than QFP.

A12T and A25T are just "4th Die" in Artix family, no new packages just bit price optimized, leakage/idle current little bit less, and only 2 GTP.

Offline sanny

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 06:25:11 am »
TQGA is really unusual,  TQG = Thin Quad Flat Pack, and it is PB-free .    "A", I can't make sure.  Also hope to learn !  Thank you~~
IC sales engineer . Reliable quality,original package.Thanks for your trust on me! skype ID: shaomindo  www.link-reach.com

Offline flynnjs

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 01:19:34 pm »
Looks like in v2.2 of DS180 this TQGA package has been dropped entirely from Table 3.

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 05:55:41 am »
Looks like in v2.2 of DS180 this TQGA package has been dropped entirely from Table 3.
Lovely. Does this translate in to: "Dear hobbyist, thank you for your interest in us, but we aren't interested in you?"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf