Author Topic: STM8L051F3 amazingness  (Read 2651 times)

Offline BiOzZTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
STM8L051F3 amazingness
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:42:49 am »
We have been sitting on an idea for a solar powered bathroom scale with logging for some time now and i got an email from a buddy this morning talking about the new STM8L051F3 from ST

it has some impressive specs with an RTC and a 12 bit 10 channel ADC

Low power features: 5 low power modes: Wait, Low power run (5.1 uA), Low power wait (3 uA), Active-halt with RTC (1.3 uA), Halt (350 nA)Ultra-low leakage per I/0: 50 nAFast wakeup from Halt: 5 us

Clock management: 32 kHz and 1 to 16 MHz crystal oscillatorsInternal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RCInternal 38 kHz low consumption RCClock security system

Memories: 8 Kbytes of Flash program memory and 256 bytes of data EEPROM with ECCFlexible write and read protection modes1 Kbyte of RAM

DMA: 4 channels supporting ADC, SPI, I2C, USART, timers1 channel for memory-to-memory

12-bit ADC up to 1 Msps/28 channels & Internal reference voltage

Timers: Two 16-bit timers with 2 channels (used as IC, OC, PWM), quadrature encoderOne 8-bit timer with 7-bit prescaler2 watchdogs: 1 Window, 1 IndependentBeeper timer with 1, 2 or 4 kHz frequencies

Built in debugging and SWIM bootloader for UART programming

all in an 8 bit 3.3v package!

Granted for this project the EEPROM is to damn small and we have to fish for an external low power eeprom but that only had to be on when writing and won't be a problem!

thought i would share!
My one regret in life is learning to speak English on the internet ...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf