Author Topic: This sub-forum needs one non-partesian sticky with course and video content  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Cliff MatthewsTopic starter

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
Other forums have resource stickies, this one has zero, nada, ninguno. Perhaps a link list would work by manufacturer like:

General help videos by architecture
==========================
[PSoC]
PSoC Creator 101 Lessons
[805x]
[Altera]
[Xilinx]

This is not a criticism, just an observation. Those haunting this area are quite adept at typing code, so share a link. Strictly non-fanboyish (though all have preferences).
Maybe some coders have some YT channels or favorite .edu links to share?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:33:40 pm by Cliff Matthews »

• Supporter
User EZ24 is already sorting many YTube EE links together and I gather Dave prefers the sticky to be kept in Other Blog Specific.

Offline ralphrmartin

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me
No, it doesn't. I'm sick of watching 20 minutes of video to get 30 seconds of useful information that I could read.

A few videos may be useful e.g. a demo of how to do something practical, like disassembling something tricky. Explaining e.g. the 8051 instruction set is better done in words and diagrams.

The following users thanked this post: XFDDesign

• Supporter
No, it doesn't. I'm sick of watching 20 minutes of video to get 30 seconds of useful information that I could read.

A few videos may be useful e.g. a demo of how to do something practical, like disassembling something tricky. Explaining e.g. the 8051 instruction set is better done in words and diagrams.
The singular sticky would be purpose made for the uninitiated entering the various camps of the MPU and FPGA world. Perhaps you never tire of having your favorite sub-forum filled with the same basic questions over and over, but FWIW other sub-forums have a place(s) where newbies can find help before needlessly taxing the cerebral facilities of others.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Other forums have resource stickies, this one has zero, nada, ninguno. Perhaps a link list would work by manufacturer like:

How about you make one and request it be made sticky?

• Supporter

How about you make one and request it be made sticky?
I just might. EZ24 PM'ed me with interest in the same, but FPGA seems like black magic for older repair guys like us. I'm flying to the Caribbean tomorrow for 3-weeks so maybe I'll put myself to do some research on return. My son's and I are trying our hands at some PSoC 5LP's for now, but I promised them Cyclone boards if they do well. Happy holidays!

Offline Luminax

• Regular Contributor
    • Electronesk
I'm thinking of getting one of the dev board that Dave made a comparison video of, maybe I can join in on the black magic fun :D
All joking aside, beside the two big camps (which are now one  :-DD) MicroChip and Atmel, might as well look at other niche/market specific/application specifics Microcontroller like Renesas, Panasonic(If they still exist when we compile the data), etc etc and maybe someone(me included) can very well develop a beginner friendly dev board.

Just throwing out my 2 ringgit (not much value seeing as our currency is dropping rapidly) |O
Jack of all trade - Master of some... I hope...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf