Author Topic: Where or how do you get a secure embedded TCP/IP stack  (Read 11070 times)

Offline legacy

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Where or how do you get a secure embedded TCP/IP stack
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2018, 05:28:21 am »
which is the best purchase ever? The full set of TCP Illustrated hardcover books :D

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2018, 01:47:22 pm »
The risk is real. On our DownTheBunker website, we have recently experimented in person on a cyber attack which has seriously damaged the DB, and by investigating on the causes, we have then found open vulnerabilities exposed by the PHP code  :palm:

PHP has another common type of bug, type inference causing code to behave completely unlike intended.

Type inference shouldn't be in a web language ... that's for scripting throw away text parsers no adversary will ever be able to do anything harmful with, or programming a computer game. Programmers hate Java for much of the same reason it's secure. Its verbosity creates bugs, but it generally doesn't create exploitable bugs. Not all bugs are created equal.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:53:12 pm by Marco »

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2018, 01:59:29 pm »
Type inference shouldn't be in a web language ... that's for scripting throw away text parsers no adversary will ever be able to do anything harmful with, or programming a computer game. Programmers hate Java for much of the same reason it's secure. Its verbosity creates bugs, but it generally doesn't create exploitable bugs. Not all bugs are created equal.

Languages do not create bugs. People create bugs.

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2018, 02:29:25 pm »
People create more exploitable bugs in some languages than others.

Offline legacy

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2018, 11:28:47 am »
and some people ... well

[..] your projects are rubbish and your sentences are on a retarded 5-year-old level, and you code like shit and the joke of a forum you have has more SQL errors than your mom has crabs, and it has so much Engrish, broken code, bad links, and poor optimization that [..]

some people are embarrassing, especially when they have all the time and the effort to look at vulnerabilities of your website and constantly try to put it down with several and different approaches, starting from their technical skills so you have cyber attacks, or with intimidations and tolling, so your team is so irritated that is prone to vote for a complete shut down

[..] retire deeply underground, into your fucking cave with your troglodytes [..] or look over there in the computer room, toothpick looks like it's gonna break in half any minute now.

hi guys,
looking for old XILINX CPLD XC95108 5V in PLCC84 package
I need Qty: 5-10 units. Let me know if you have for sale.
Thanks

Yeah I'll send you some... after I shit them out and mail them inside a pack full of horse turds.

What is really embarrassing is that it's the not machine, a bug, something you can handle some way, here the problem is some human beings, those who clearly need medical assistance from a good Psychiatrist to come back normals.

Can't we provide any medical assistance, on the DownTheBunker website we are only a little group of hobbyists, therefore are we supposed to spend an equivalent time to clean the shit that *those* individuals are prune to put in public trolling or spending time at enforcing anti-spam mechanisms and, even better, rewriting a forum from scratch?

jesus, how annoying the internet has become  :palm: :palm: :palm:

Offline legacy

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2018, 11:33:39 am »
I mean, even with all the whistles and bells and protections enabled on a forum written in pure Java code running on a paranoid-security-level OpenBSD server, the resistance is futile with those individuals  :palm: :palm: :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf