Author Topic: Xilinx Vivado download pain  (Read 3363 times)

Offline KilrahTopic starter

• Supporter
Xilinx Vivado download pain
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:39:04 pm »
Sooo... I've kind of fallen in love with the "new" combined CPU+FPGA devices that have come around when I found out about the Xilinx Zynq, and have bought myself (privately) a Digilent Zybo to "play" with as it could fit the bill pretty well for a product a company I work with is evaluating options for.
Now it's all well and good, BUT... I've been stopped dead because doing anything with it requires downloading the Vivado suite, which is apparently export-controlled, with an "automated system" that is supposed to validate your details to let you download it. Except for me it doesn't, without any given reason.

Contacting support online is impossible given that... you have to go through the same process before you can. Tried their forums and all I got was a mod giving me the same link that is given after the verification failure and is of no help, and who then promptly ignored my reply to go on with a generic "has your problem been solved? Please mark the issue as solved if it has" post - NO it hasn't!

Has anyone had similar trouble? I assume it's because their thing has no idea about private users or small companies, and only checks against a list of multinationals... About to give up on the whole thing because they can't seem to care...  :palm:

Offline kendalll

• Contributor
Re: Xilinx Vivado download pain
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:21:27 pm »
Try logging out of the Xilinx website. And then, try the download, and it will prompt you for your password. Download for DocNav worked for me when I did it this way!  :-//

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:30:00 pm »
When I'm logged out and click a download link that brings me to a login page, I login, I get redirected to the export verification, I click submit, and it says compliance verification failed.

But given you're in the US that doesn't apply to you in the first place, as there's no "export" involved you wouldn't have to go through that.

Offline kendalll

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 07:48:43 pm »
That's frustrating!

Offline langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:57:47 pm »
Sooo... I've kind of fallen in love with the "new" combined CPU+FPGA devices that have come around when I found out about the Xilinx Zynq, and have bought myself (privately) a Digilent Zybo to "play" with as it could fit the bill pretty well for a product a company I work with is evaluating options for.
Now it's all well and good, BUT... I've been stopped dead because doing anything with it requires downloading the Vivado suite, which is apparently export-controlled, with an "automated system" that is supposed to validate your details to let you download it. Except for me it doesn't, without any given reason.

Contacting support online is impossible given that... you have to go through the same process before you can. Tried their forums and all I got was a mod giving me the same link that is given after the verification failure and is of no help, and who then promptly ignored my reply to go on with a generic "has your problem been solved? Please mark the issue as solved if it has" post - NO it hasn't!

Has anyone had similar trouble? I assume it's because their thing has no idea about private users or small companies, and only checks against a list of multinationals... About to give up on the whole thing because they can't seem to care...  :palm:

any of the info you put in that you could think of being on a forbidden list?
I've never had any problems registering or downloading form Xilinx, using both private and company
info/email

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 05:53:51 am »
I have tried with my private email and postal address, as well as those from 2 companies I work for, and physically from 3 locations in as many different countries, none of which is restricted of course, and to which I've been able to recently order and get export-controlled items shipped to successfully...  |O

One thing is I did all my tests with the same account instead of creating new ones for each email. Next step to try I guess... before starting to look for alternate, more shady download locations.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:55:32 am by Kilrah »

Offline kendalll

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 06:29:20 am »
Another long shot, but you could try using another web browser, or clearing out your cookies and cache.

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 06:30:58 am »
Thw 3 attempts in different locations were done on completely different computers/browsers  :-//

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 08:36:53 am »
You probably have a vendor at work, like Avnet or Arrow, try calling them. They will probably stick some floppy disks to a dinosaur and fax it to you. Be aware that they are going to call you after that every X time, to make sure your project is going well.

The following users thanked this post: Kilrah

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf