Author Topic: Zero-posters Purged  (Read 15146 times)

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
Re: Zero-posters Purged
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 06:22:18 am »
I'd like the option to display the country name rather than the flag. For some reason I instantly associate flags with racism and jingoism.

+1

that way I would know if a black flag was ISIS  (the first time I saw the black flag I thought it was a ISIS flag, boy was I surprised).  Is there a chance of a white flag? 
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  http://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 07:46:21 am »
While you're busy doing the housekeeping, why not make a country flag compulsory?

Anybody else second this?
Not only country flag , but region as well

Like FEMA region IX?

Even that is not a good indication:
Like FEMA region II - NY, NJ, PR and VI
Region can be catered for in Profile and under Location.
I'd like the option to display the country name rather than the flag. For some reason I instantly associate flags with racism and jingoism.

+1

that way I would know if a black flag was ISIS  (the first time I saw the black flag I thought it was a ISIS flag, boy was I surprised).  Is there a chance of a white flag? 
Black flag should still be retained as a valid option for those that NEED to remain anonymous.

The facts are it is bloody hard to give many relevant LOCAL advice when they won't disclose location when joining.
We've seen all sorts of  :bullshit: names added to location, and when I look and see this: some other sucker can help this plonker.

So Dave, please can you have another attempt at a compulsory flag requirement when joining up.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist & NZ Siglent Distributor

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 05:05:23 pm »
Doing another user purge now.
Anyone with zero posts, not a supporter, and hasn't logged in for a month gets the boot.
Most are obvious spam accounts that got through.

The following users thanked this post: ez24

Online Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 12:22:09 am »
Doing another user purge now.
Anyone with zero posts, not a supporter, and hasn't logged in for a month gets the boot.
Most are obvious spam accounts that got through.

As of about five minutes ago I counted 6824 members with zero posts in the members list,  68 pages of 100 plus 24 on page 69 some of which date back to 2012. I thought if purged they would disappear altogether thus freeing up some good user names, not the case apparently unless I'm missing something.
One smart cookie, better make that two for good measure.

The following users thanked this post: ez24

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf