Author Topic: Is there an AutoTRAX DEX to KiCAD converter?  (Read 3633 times)

Offline LarryRTopic starter

• Contributor
Is there an AutoTRAX DEX to KiCAD converter?
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:24:47 am »
I've really had it with trying to use my licensed and (supposedly) supported copy of AutoTRAX DEX.
The author doesn't provide any sort of email support (even though I paid a 'support' fee) and refuses to answer questions or acknowledge bugs that users find.

Since the author advertises that DEX designs are stored as XML files, I was wondering if any brave developer has been able to create a conversion app/script to convert from DEX to KiCad (or anything else)?

Thanks

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Is there an AutoTRAX DEX to KiCAD converter?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:53:15 am »
is it worth it? i mean.... how many serious people have made serious circuit using dex?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline LarryRTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Is there an AutoTRAX DEX to KiCAD converter?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 03:02:56 pm »
SIGH.....
You're probably right.

Waaay back in the early 80's, I used Orcad and Protel PCB - both $500 DOS apps and made way more complex designs than using DEX.

I was just looking at one of my boards last week :D (always keep physical examples of your work to show prospective employers)

Offline Iliya

• Frequent Contributor
  • !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf