Author Topic: SaveYourInternet Article 11 and Article 13  (Read 3091 times)

Offline Quarlo KlobrigneyTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • This Space For Rent
Voltage does not flow, nor does voltage go.

Offline sokoloff

• Super Contributor
Re: SaveYourInternet Article 11 and Article 13
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 12:29:43 pm »
It’s a ridiculously terrible decision by the EU, but I also think that people who are afraid of their own shadow will be prone to over react to it. A manufacturer wants its datasheets to be accessible and linked (in general). Being afraid to link to a mainstream manufacturer’s openly released spec and datasheets is an over-reaction, IMO.

I think the bigger impact is going to be some smaller, niche sites closing themselves off from EU users. If I ran a discussion board, I’d have to carefully weigh the risk vs benefit of allowing EU access. For one of my hobbies (private aviation), I’d absolutely block Europe. (Already a very small market due to other anti-aviation policies, and no way the market/audience is worth the hassle/risk in that case.)

Offline perieanuo

• Frequent Contributor
Re: SaveYourInternet Article 11 and Article 13
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 01:17:18 pm »
What is this all about then:

I saw this on on one of PCBReflux's latest videos

PCBReflux

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/09/why-whole-world-should-be-arms-about-eus-looming-internet-catastrophe

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/12/17849868/eu-internet-copyright-reform-article-11-13-approved
Like the monks and religious people in middle ages, the knowledge don't belong to people, but it's their property.F... them, we'll continue to share,in fact that was my believe from 20 years of electronics,I always shared my experience.F..ing stupid people with insensed rules.I want world to be free to travel and work,but UE it's just the new French-Deutch empire.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf