Electronics > Open Source Hardware

Open Source DIY HP/Agilent 53131A 53132A 3Ghz Option 030

(1/3) > >>

RoadRunner:
I have bought my self 53132A and upgraded it with OCXO and 3Ghz option.
As there was no open source design available so i made my own , here the project page.
https://www.circuitvalley.com/2018/08/agilent-53132a-53131a-diy-open-source-3ghz-channel-option-030-board-hp.html

There is short video and few test.

jadew:

--- Quote from: RoadRunner on August 05, 2018, 08:14:55 pm ---I have bought my self 53132A and upgraded it with OCXO and 3Ghz option.
As there was no open source design available so i made my own , here the project page.
https://www.circuitvalley.com/2018/08/agilent-53132a-53131a-diy-open-source-3ghz-channel-option-030-board-hp.html

--- End quote ---

This is a direct clone of the HP design (straight form their service manual). Are you even allowed to opensource that? let alone claim that you made it.

Edit:
Also, those resistors you marked as anti-surge, in your schematic - that's not what they are.

As a disclaimer, I also sell a prescaler board for that counter, and it's similar to HP's design because there aren't many ways in which you can achieve this, especially at this price. Mine has better specs tho.

RoadRunner:

--- Quote from: jadew on September 12, 2018, 05:41:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: RoadRunner on August 05, 2018, 08:14:55 pm ---I have bought my self 53132A and upgraded it with OCXO and 3Ghz option.

--- End quote ---

This is a direct clone of the HP design (straight form their service manual). Are you even allowed to opensource that? let alone claim that you made it.

Edit:
Also, those resistors you marked as anti-surge, in your schematic - that's not what they are.

As a disclaimer, I also sell a prescaler board for that counter, and it's similar to HP's design because there aren't many ways in which you can achieve this, especially at this price. Mine has better specs tho.

--- End quote ---

Schematic is already open from Agilent, Making own PCB designed based on any schematic absolutely allowed. I can definitely make open source what i made.

As per Bill of material input 10Ohm 2512 Resistor is definitely anti surge register.

Can you please say how your design has better specs?
Better sensitivity?

jadew:

--- Quote from: RoadRunner on September 12, 2018, 07:14:56 pm ---Can you please say how your design has better specs?
Better sensitivity?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, much better sensitivity.

RoadRunner:

--- Quote from: jadew on September 12, 2018, 07:28:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: RoadRunner on September 12, 2018, 07:14:56 pm ---Can you please say how your design has better specs?
Better sensitivity?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, much better sensitivity.

--- End quote ---

i have tested my design upto -45dBm , which is way better than Agilent Spec.
what are your values?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version