Author Topic: Port 25 blocked  (Read 3968 times)

Offline TomassParTopic starter

Port 25 blocked
« on: March 14, 2016, 10:52:09 pm »
Hello, please help me!

I'm using Windows Live Mail and when I'm trying to send a e-mail the error pops-up. It's says that port 25 is blocked. I try port 465, 587, 2525 and other kind of ports, but nothing happens. :palm: I can receive a e-mail from others, but can't send back. (Sorry for my English!)

I will be thankful for any advice from you guys.

Offline RGB255_0_0

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Port 25 blocked
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:00:15 pm »
The others are TLS/SSL do check you tick the SSL box if you try those ports. Also your ISP may be blocking due to spammers on their network.

This is all assuming you don't have a firewall blocking you on your pc or network.

First point of call? ISP's forums.
Your toaster just set fire to an African child over TCP.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
Re: Port 25 blocked
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:03:07 pm »
This isn't really the right forum for this sort of question, and has nothing to do with Open Source Hardware I can see.

Contact your internet service provider (and email service provider if they are different) for assistance with your email configuration.  ISP's regularly block port 25 from leaving their network, but they should be allowing port 587, and any email server operating as a smart (relay) host should be accepting authenticated connections to port 587 (SMTP submission)
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf