Electronics > Open Source Hardware

What is the best and widest used open source board? (Except Arduino UNO)

(1/7) > >>

robertferanec:
What in your opinion is the best open source board? Which one is the most used?

I am thinking to start a new open source project and I would like to choose the right open source board for it. Thank you.

NivagSwerdna:

--- Quote from: robertferanec on October 01, 2018, 03:21:35 pm ---What in your opinion is the best open source board? Which one is the most used?
--- End quote ---
Depends.
There are so many SBC out there it really depends on what are your core requirements?

robertferanec:

--- Quote from: NivagSwerdna on October 01, 2018, 03:39:20 pm ---There are so many SBC out there it really depends on what are your core requirements?

--- End quote ---

I am looking for something similar to Arduino UNO, same popularity (or higher), but different board or different chip manufacturer e.g. Arduino Nano, NXP, ST Micro, etc. I do not need it for any particular project. It is a board to play with - I would like to have a look at a board what many people use to build their own projects.

Siddharth:
Have a look at the Teensy boards. Much more powerful than Arduino UNO and in a very compact size....along with the simplicity of Arduino programming environment. Very popular as well.

Few more third party boards that supports Arduino platform, and are widely used are Nucleo boards from ST, Launchpads from TI, or something like a cheap blue pill.

NivagSwerdna:
NodeMCU, ESP32 family

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version