Author Topic: Where to find Green Bean (GE appliance adapter) or how to build one  (Read 3349 times)

Offline dmgctrlTopic starter

Hi,

I hope this message finds you in good health and spirits.

Like many other GeoSpring hybrid water heater buyers, I was very excited to get my water heater installed, only to find out later that control of the water heater seems less controllable than a regular water heater. I wanted to try GE's ConnectPlus, but they're not currently available and the reviews weren't very flattering. I'm of the idea that Green Bean is a more robust interface, but I can't find one to purchase. I was hoping someone here might know where to find a Green Bean interface to purchase, and if not, perhaps maybe your travels happened to come across a schematic or the ability to use an Arduino, Raspberry Pi or other device to directly monitor and control a GeoSpring water heater?

Offline puddly

I also was never able to buy one so instead I've been working on a more versatile board to replace it. You can view the project here: https://github.com/puddly/casserole/. It gives you unfettered read/write access to the GE bus so you should be able to do more with it than with a Green Bean. I haven't included the appliance SDKs or really done much code beautification because I just wanted to remotely start my washer but if you're interested in helping out I can easily port the GE SDKs and make it more usable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf