Author Topic: 1st post and it's self promoting!  (Read 527 times)

Offline xtronical

• Contributor
    • XTronical
1st post and it's self promoting!
« on: October 08, 2017, 04:05:38 PM »
Been slowly adding videos to my very amateur-ish you-tube channel, at the moment it mostly entirely Arduino and programming of those devices. I'm done random items plus a series on coding Space Invaders on the Arduino which is just coming to an end (last of 11 episodes coming up today).

It's just for enjoyment and hope some people perhaps find it of use. I also have a support web site where each video has a write up (which some people prefer). The links are:

YouTube : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOjddcYTYcZBGhpBALhX4Kg

Thanks for reading!

Online Brumby

• Supporter
Re: 1st post and it's self promoting!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:31:35 AM »
Looks interesting.

Just watched the "pulse monitor with tone" video ... and a couple of comments (constructive, I promise)...

1. Please find a 'pop' screen for your microphone!!  You are clearly very close to the microphone - and while that is not a fundamental problem in itself, the plosive elements of your speech (the "p" sounds and such) release a mini explosion of air - and these are hitting the microphone.  It is very distracting and sometimes can affect clarity.
2. There's a hum in the background.  It's not super loud, but it is a distraction.  If you can do something about that, then I would encourage you to do so.
3. A few too many "Um's" and "Ah's" in one patch ... but for the most part I didn't notice - so you got my attention.  :-+

... and this was from only one viewing - so if I've pointed out anything that has already been addressed, then my apologies.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 12:33:00 AM »
Oh ..... and Welcome to the Forum!

Offline xtronical

• Contributor
    • XTronical
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 01:15:53 AM »
Thanks for the comments, yes I had a mike with the anit-pop for around 3 days before one of the kids bust it, now using cheapo one need to replace. The buzzing was down to one particular laptop I was using and affects some but no all videos, I no longer use that for screen recording.

Again, thank you very much for your feed-back

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:22:54 PM »
 :-+

Online Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 10:14:41 PM »
I'm not sure whether you've already done so, but you might want to check the white balance of your camera and set it beforehand. In some videos, everything appears to be yellowish, which usually points to a random white balance.

Note that you typically have to do this every time, but that it's also a trivial procedure.

Offline xtronical

• Contributor
    • XTronical
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 06:54:29 AM »
Thanks for the input :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf