Author Topic: Ben Heck Atari Record (proving the fastest possible time)  (Read 1269 times)

Offline kalelTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Ben Heck Atari Record (proving the fastest possible time)
« on: December 27, 2017, 10:24:22 pm »
I've recently seen this video:

But there's a part one too:

There's a lot of people here that are both experts in electronics and programming. What are your thoughts on this series? I'm far from familiar with the hardware and just don't know whether that record might be possible or not. The technical part is more interesting to me (trying to find out the fastest possible time in the game) than whether or not that record is correct (which seems to be an argument between people who believe and don't believe the record was made - less interesting than the technical side).

Of course, I only recommend watching it if you find the topic interesting, it's not an advertisement.

Offline @rt

• Super Contributor
Re: Ben Heck Atari Record (proving the fastest possible time)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 05:52:07 am »
I think it’s an overcomplicated approach.
I know the vehicle has four gears, but still think a fast modern micro would only need access to the joystick input,
and also count the zero crossings of the audio output.

The following users thanked this post: kalel

Offline @rt

• Super Contributor
Re: Ben Heck Atari Record (proving the fastest possible time)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:47:15 am »
Said in haste. Also need the master clock, reset, and whatever button starts the game.
From there you can progressively work on one single perfect game, in multiple sessions, no matter how long it takes.

The following users thanked this post: kalel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf