Author Topic: List Of Electronics Youtubers - Comprehensive List - Old Version  (Read 130667 times)

Offline mdszy

• Supporter
  • somehow has an ee degree
    • szy.io
Re: List Of Electronics Youtubers
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2017, 03:49:28 am »
Any chance My channel could get an add? Looking to do more videos of working in my lab and some tutorials and such!
somehow allowed to be a Pixie Wrangler in Training
eBay Store | My site | Hackaday.io Projects | my mastodon.technology profile

The following users thanked this post: ez24

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2017, 04:35:37 am »
I'm going to copy the current list to set up an up-to-date spreadsheet for Cliff.

I would ask that people offering any further additions be patient while he does his update.

Thank you.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2017, 05:00:42 am »
Refer to attachments.

<Attachments removed (old versions)>
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:19:57 am by Brumby »

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2017, 01:18:04 pm »
I'm thinking we should pull this YT thing into two lists. ??
1)
Private hobbyist channels
2) Corporate Electronics channels
(with special "store fronts" like the Ben Heck Show placed above an alphabetic list of product channels and for simplicity, no need for comments or subscriber counts)

Further reduction could come from elimination of the member column, while making the member-name (in bold) the first characters in the comments column. ??

Offline ez24Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2017, 06:04:34 pm »
Further reduction could come from elimination of the member column, while making the member-name (in bold) the first characters in the comments column. ??
This would save a lot of time (making and copying links).  I wonder if Brumby could automate this conversion (he can work magic with Excel)?  This also would allow longer comments for none members if the member column is eliminated.

I am not keen on splitting up the list.  But I would like to know more about Corporate Electronics channels.  I am not sure I could pick them out.  It is possible they could go to the top of the list?  Avoiding comments or counts would make updates easier.

What I would like to see is a way to add in comments from members.  The only way I see this is it would be a cloud based system.  This way several members could maintain it.   I think I put this idea out there before but only one comment came in and it was No.

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #130 on: June 02, 2017, 01:45:19 am »
No problem reorganising the list - but I would like to clarify:  Do you want to keep or drop the link to the member profile?

It's easy enough to keep - but your comment infers not doing it any more.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2017, 02:05:08 am »
Dropping it is preferred if all agree.. Only about 30 members host channels anyway, and if just the member-name is bold as the first text in the comments, it should be enough. Those curious can look-up the member if the need arises..

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2017, 04:01:41 am »
Dropping it is preferred if all agree.. Only about 30 members host channels anyway, and if just the member-name is bold as the first text in the comments, it should be enough. Those curious can look-up the member if the need arises..
I agree
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2017, 04:09:57 am »
No problem reorganising the list - but I would like to clarify:  Do you want to keep or drop the link to the member profile?

It's easy enough to keep - but your comment infers not doing it any more.

thanks   BTW do you program dialog boxes with VBA Excel?   In the 90s I wrote a VBA Excel program that used dialog boxes to enter the data.  I wonder if you can use dialog boxes with cloud based systems?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2017, 06:35:41 am »
OK.  Dropping the member profile links.

I haven't played around with VBA much.  This spreadsheet is no frills stuff.

Let me know when it is safe to take a copy of the data on the original post.

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2017, 12:47:40 am »
Let me know when it is safe to take a copy of the data on the original post.

OK -  I have not made any changes since this topic started

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2017, 01:03:54 am »
OK, I'm ready to work on the new sheet (funny, my Cuban wife pronounces those 2 ee's as a diphthong).
I also upgraded from clunky Libre Office to MSO2010, I used to love it back in the 90's.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2017, 04:01:38 am »
2 sample layouts below.  Feedback, please.

Note, the spreadsheet has a separate column for User Id and Additional Info, to make maintenance easier.  The extra formatting is built into the spreadsheet.

< samples removed - they've served their purpose >
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:03:21 am by Brumby »

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2017, 12:22:53 pm »
I like the second one, it stands out more.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2017, 03:12:44 pm »
Bolding it is - plus a minor tweak for clarity....

< samples removed - they've served their purpose >

<Attachments removed (old versions)>
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:15:22 am by Brumby »

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2017, 03:25:38 pm »
Tag.

Offline skicanoe

« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »
Yes, new electronic videos are posted on "Hill's Workbench", as well as any made in the last three years. There still are about four earlier years of electronics videos on the original channel, "HillOrStreams" Unfortunately, YouTube does not give us any easy way to move content from one channel to another. And I made a critical mistake in trying to move my most popular content to a different channel, I should have moved everything else instead. I also duplicated some videos on both channels around the transition, and a series on ATtiny/Arduino, which apparently is a no-no and sort of blacklisted those videos from search.
So all this has greatly stunted this channel but at this point, I'm just trying to grow out of it rather than start a whole new seachange. I do have two other tiny channels but they have no content about electronics. HillOrStreams does have a lot of electronics videos but they are several pages back now, so mostly found via searches, so yeah, no need to list HillOrStream Thanks for stopping by!

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2017, 06:23:49 pm »
Any chance My channel could get an add? Looking to do more videos of working in my lab and some tutorials and such!
Yes there is a chance.  I am waiting for a major change done by several members.  Once the new list is up, I will add your channel.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2017, 06:47:24 pm »
That's close. I see 7 electronics video's:-//

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2017, 07:07:47 pm »
Yes, new electronic videos are posted on "Hill's Workbench", as well as any made in the last three years.

A quick look shows that Hill's Workbench is not listed ?  If you do not mind I will list it when the list is updated.   Since you wrote a long response maybe you are open to an idea I have.   I like Playlists and have thought to include them. 

You only have one playlist and that is your Liked videos.  Can you make a few categories for Playlists for your videos ?   

Now that I have more room in the list, I am thinking of adding a section that indicates if there are playlists.  If you like I could work on the names of the Playlists with you.  FYI I only download playlists so playlists are important to me and they are the first thing I look at when I look at a new channel.   A lot of times I think that if the person does not care to make Playlists they are not serious about content so I move on.

What do you think?  Are you willing to make some?

Brumby: 

I would have a column named "Playlists"  and for each line I would write Yes or No  , so not much space is needed.  I would like to place it right before comments.   It might take me a year to fill in the column ha ha ha    If I were new to the list, I would look at videos that had playlists first.

Once you are done with the changes, you need to Lock it down and send it to me so I can upload it.  I suggest you take down the previous samples.  I like the Bold version.

Maybe to save space it could be written like this:

Play
Lists

instead of

Playlists

This would save 4 characters in each line  (I have to pinch every character)

Can you make me a new Playlist column ? 

Thanks
Roger

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2017, 07:17:00 pm »
That's close. I see 7 electronics video's:-//

I counted 9 including the Pizza ovens, which I think are cool.  So I think he deserves to be in. (and he has Playlists ha ha ha).  So 9 + Playlist = 10   :-DD

Seriously it was the Pizza oven.  :-+

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2017, 01:07:36 am »
Now that I have more room in the list, I am thinking of adding a section ....

Let me guess.... When you make space in the garage or the workshop, you have to get something to put into it.   ::)

Playlist column is not a problem.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2017, 01:14:54 am »
Cliff Matthews - Have you done anything with the last lot of spreadsheets I uploaded?

Do I wait for that work to be published and rebuild the spreadsheet - or do I modify the last ones I uploaded for the "Play list"?

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2017, 01:42:06 am »
Let me guess.... When you make space in the garage or the workshop, you have to get something to put into it.   ::)
Exactly  :-DD

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2017, 02:21:12 am »
I stand at the ready.

Whether a published list - or an updated spreadsheet that's uploaded .... just let me know and I'll handle it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf