Low Cost PCB's Low Cost Components

Author Topic: List Of Electronics Youtubers - Comprehensive List  (Read 36177 times)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
Re: List Of Electronics Youtubers
« Reply #225 on: September 05, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
Ah, maybe it cleared out your cookie, local browser storage, or similar.
Got GAS? Get TEA.

The following users thanked this post: ez24

Offline vk3yedotcom

• Frequent Contributor
    • vk3ye dot com (radio articles and projects)
« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2017, 07:15:17 PM »
One to watch is Greg Moore from NSW TAFE on electronics teaching http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwUMjD6ed5KhQbO1gLm9fQ

Intro at

NEW!  Getting back into Amateur Radio: What's new and what you forgot.  Quick restart guide in a 120 page Kindle ebook.  $US $4.99 or equiv.  Just search 'Getting back into Amateur Radio' on Amazon.

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2017, 08:33:47 PM »
Nice, subscribed! I counted 86 video's. Does everyone dan-unda say "Woo Woo Woo" instead of "Dub Dub Dub" ??  :)

64 subs so far (sure to increase with a little fine EZ24 magic..)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwUMjD6ed5KhQbO1gLm9fQ/videos

Offline fanOfeeDIY

• Supporter
« Reply #228 on: September 09, 2017, 11:07:13 PM »
Hi,

I learned a lot from watching youtbube channels on Electronics.

I was not paying much attention on "Other Blog Specific" board but now I have much more to watch :)

Online ez24

• Super Contributor
« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2017, 05:33:05 AM »
Hi,

I learned a lot from watching youtbube channels on Electronics.

I was not paying much attention on "Other Blog Specific" board but now I have much more to watch :)

Since fanOfeeDIY posted a good spreadsheet

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/digital-oscilloscope-comparison-chart/msg678378/#msg678378

and it became a "sticky", I asked him if he would take over this list if someday I am unable.  I want to say this list is easier than fanOfeeDIY list.

I am 69 and he is 48, so the ages work out.  He accepted the offer.  I will post new updates of the list so he and Brumby can always have the latest version.  If I am unable to keep this up, fanOfeeDIY will post the new list under a new topic he starts.  Mine will be un-sticky and locked.  Seems this will work.  Thanks Brumby for the suggestions.

thanks

Online ez24

• Super Contributor
« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2017, 06:19:00 AM »
Latest update.  Included about 10 new additions

Edit: Deleted sheet

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:18:11 AM by ez24 »

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews, nugglix

Online ez24

• Super Contributor
« Reply #231 on: September 11, 2017, 10:55:11 AM »
OP AMP Videos

A list of them is at

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/op-amp-youtube-videos-my-list-of-the-best-28-on-the-basics/

I will pick 5 to 10 of them and include them in this list

Funny thing:  I blew out my TV watching them on a USB drive.  Every action takes about 60 seconds before it happens, like changing channels or vol control.  My TV is in slo-mo.  It is 2 months old and is a 43 inch Hisense.  Tech help is not available because of the hurricane.

Edit:  I unplugged it for 2 hours, now ok.  Turning off overnight did not help.  Sure needs a firmware fix (NA).

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:13:18 AM by ez24 »

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #232 on: September 11, 2017, 12:55:17 PM »
Roger, maybe your TV just needs some new firmware? If it's a HISENSE 43H6D, that's a good price and lots of features.

BTW, another YT channel I've had on the radar is Upcycle Electronics with 202 subscribers and 18 videos.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl9LftG7lIx9t4jhwLwK1GA/videos

Edit:
He is forum member jakeisprobably. His most recent video has comments linking to pages here on the forum.
Take care!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 01:00:39 PM by Cliff Matthews »

Online kalel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »
New update.   Added 25 listings found by looking for op amps.   Op Amp sheet added that shows the calculations on how I picked the 6 that I will add to the list some day.

This might have been explained before, taking a first look at the datasheet, are the opamp videos categorized (as specific videos about opamps) or just a way to find the channels?
Since there's a separate spreadsheet and the search seems to be on the specific channels and not YouTube, I'm not sure.

Online ez24

• Super Contributor
« Reply #234 on: September 13, 2017, 04:37:07 AM »
This might have been explained before, taking a first look at the datasheet, are the opamp videos categorized (as specific videos about opamps) or just a way to find the channels?
Since there's a separate spreadsheet and the search seems to be on the specific channels and not YouTube, I'm not sure.

This is a work in progress, so hang in there. 

Brumby and I are working on a new list that will be inside the spreadsheet so there will be one file.  The new list will be recommended videos starting with op amps.   It will take me about a month to do each subject.

Name of this list will be changed to:

"List of Electronics Youtubers - Comprehensive Listing"

and the new one

"List of Electronics Youtubers - Suggested Viewing".

I posted the op amp list to get some feedback because I am trying different things out.  And I appreciated the feedback, especially on the method I used.

Thank You
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:10:43 PM by ez24 »

The following users thanked this post: kalel

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #235 on: September 13, 2017, 10:01:30 AM »
Two lists makes a lot more sense.

Reasons:
 * The purpose of each list will be clear
 * Maintenance of the lists will not require remembering the 'protocol' for differentiation of the entry types
 * Modifications to the layout of one will not have any impact on the other
 * Separate list in a separate post means the character count limit issue will be less bothersome
... and a couple of other ones which aren't that important since I support the idea.

I would also suggest the URL gets included with the name (as it is in the first list) so that the presentation is cleaner.  (This is easy, since I've already done this.)  This also allows space for any additional information that may become desirable.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:03:38 AM by Brumby »

Online ez24

• Super Contributor
Re: List Of Electronics Youtubers - Comprehensive List
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2017, 03:53:32 AM »
Update  Sept 17 2017

Added 18 new listings. 

Also added new Suggested Viewing List sheets and scoring sheets used for the Suggested Viewing List.  A lot of changes

FYI - The Suggested Viewing List is here:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/list-of-electronics-youtubers-suggested-viewing/msg1302877/#msg1302877

cheers
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:18:00 PM by ez24 »

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Online ez24

• Super Contributor
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »

Online kalel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2017, 04:19:26 AM »
Update  Sept 21, 2017

Added 12 channels and made changes to the child messages.

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/list-of-electronics-youtubers-suggested-viewing/msg1302877/#msg1302877

Great work so far. Would be nice to see a list on DIY electronics projects (starting with simple - maybe based on some categories?), but I don't dare to suggest it, as then it would be fair for me to find the videos myself. Maybe at some point.

I don't know if it's really suitable considering the other lists. What do you think?

Online ez24

• Super Contributor
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2017, 05:08:27 AM »
Great work so far. Would be nice to see a list on DIY electronics projects (starting with simple - maybe based on some categories?), but I don't dare to suggest it, as then it would be fair for me to find the videos myself. Maybe at some point.

I don't know if it's really suitable considering the other lists. What do you think?

I searched YT on "DIY electronics" and came up with 8,900,000 results.  I think this is a great idea.  I am working on multimeters now and when I finish I will start on DIY electronics.  When I look at a video I also look at Playlists and About and the titles of videos if those do not help.  If some DIY channel concentrates on a subject, I can make a note about this under the "Notes" column.

This will be fun and interesting.

Thank you

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #241 on: September 23, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »
Note that counts from Google's search engine can be significantly incorrect on the first few pages of results. Sometimes, you have to get close to the end of the listings to find out how many results there really are. Just an FYI to take that number with a boulder of salt. Nevertheless, 8+ million does indicate that there are many related vids.
Got GAS? Get TEA.

The following users thanked this post: ez24, kalel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf