Author Topic: Fantastic electronic site. And I mean it!  (Read 1773 times)

Offline GreggDTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Fantastic electronic site. And I mean it!
« on: June 25, 2017, 06:33:37 pm »
I recommend everyone check out this site.
I can't find a post here talking about it.
This is a guy selling pcbs for his designs but is providing great information on electronic topics.

There is a wealth of information for the beginner and expert as well.
It covers topics extensively and is well thought out and it is free to read.

It is by Rod Elliott of Elliott Sound Products.
based in Sydney (Australia), where the toilets swirl backwards (you know the evil way).

Start with; (not the front page)
http://sound.whsites.net/site-map.htm

Offline Yansi

• Super Contributor
  • STM32, STM8, AVR, 8051
Re: Fantastic electronic site. And I mean it!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 06:43:29 pm »
I think most of us here already knows Rod Eliott's site well...  :)

He also made I think at least one appearance on the EEVBlog himself (video from a makerfaire Electronex?)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 06:45:54 pm by Yansi »

Offline WastelandTek

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Fantastic electronic site. And I mean it!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 06:46:33 pm »
"We tend not to think too much about the power that we use for daily activities, and this includes sound systems. I doubt that anyone would be heard to complain that their morning coffee tasted odd because of mains interference or distortion, but there is an entire industry that will try to convince you that without their mains filter, sinewave reconstruction power supply, isolation transformer and/or $5,000 power cables your audio and video systems must be horrible (and your coffee will taste like cat pee as well!).

Mains distortion is commonly cited as something that will cause the soundstage to be contracted/ compacted/ eliminated, and that the distortion will cause a loss of clarity, soften dynamics and mangle the bass 'slam' from your subwoofer. Naturally, we can expect that micro-dynamics will be damaged beyond repair, and the 'air' between instruments will be cloudy and grey with a 35.7% chance of reproductional ineptitude. "

LOLOL, I like this guy
I'm new here, but I tend to be pretty gregarious, so if I'm out of my lane please call me out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf