Author Topic: Hey all, I have a channel covering Arduinos/Esp8266. Would love any feedback!  (Read 772 times)

Offline witnessmenowTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Making Youtube Videos on ESP8266
    • My YouTube Channel
Hey,

As the title says, I have a YouTube channel where I do videos on Arduinos, mainly with the Esp8266 (which is an $3 Arduino with WFfi on it if you are not familiar with it). I recently passed 1K subs, which I'm really happy with it!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCezJOfu7OtqGzd5xrP3q6WA

I would appreciate any feedback or criticisms you have on the channel/videos.

My overall philosophy of the videos I try to make are to make videos the way I would like to consume them. I try to make them as short as possible and I also don't have any intros (jingles) and I try limit the fluff to an absolute minimum.

Despite making videos since January. I'm still a little bit trying to find my feet in terms of the content I produce.

My most popular videos are a series I call "Two minute Tidbits" where I go through a library or some other useful bit of info in two minutes, but I find it hard to come up with enough topics with this that are unique and are a good fit for the two minute format.

I have more recently started moving towards more project style videos, and although I do find these a lot harder to make (Striking the balance of showing enough info that someone could reproduce, but not showing so much of the detail where it gets boring) I do feel I'm getting better at it.

I also like to play around with Live Streams on YT and Twitch ( I use restream.io to stream to both), while this really goes against the keeping videos as short as possible philosophy I am enjoying it. I also really like that your streaming for whatever time your streaming and then that's the end of it, no editing or anything required (I have a 16 month old so time is a precious commodity!). I am a little confused what to do with the VODS/recordings of these though, they are very different from my normal video content so im not sure if they would put people off (like one of my last streams was 4 videos spanning 8 or 9 hours, I just marked these as unlisted to not clutter my channel feed for anyone browsing)

Bit of fluff about me: My name is Brian (as the Youtube channel name suggests  :) ) and I'm from Ireland. Recently married and as mentioned have a 16 month old. Technically I am Electronic and Computer engineer by qualification, but I really wouldn't count myself as one, after college I went into software development and have only really started getting back into hobby electronics in the last 18 months or so. My name made a brief appearance on the EEVblog before, in Dave's ESp8266 video it was my YouTube API library that he used (which eventually became part of his NixieTube counter), silly as it might be I was actually really proud of this!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 05:49:15 pm by witnessmenow »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf