Author Topic: I gave Big Clive a thumbs down today.  (Read 8896 times)

Online wilfredTopic starter

• Super Contributor
I gave Big Clive a thumbs down today.
« on: February 03, 2017, 08:29:24 am »
I never thought i'd do it but he was asking for it. Not just because of the shameful click bait title.

Offline ElektroQuark

• Supporter
    • ElektroQuark
Re: I gave Big Clive a thumbs down today.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 08:44:27 am »
Quote from: wilfred on Today at 09:29:24
I never thought i'd do it but he was asking for it. Not just because of the shameful click bait title.

Who is Big Clive?
What is that "click bait title"?
Why did he deserved you thumbs down?

Offline DimitriP

• Super Contributor
  • "Best practices" are best not practiced.© Dimitri
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 09:01:53 am »

Avoiding clickbait is as much of a skill as being able to conduct successful searches :)
   If three 100  Ohm resistors are connected in parallel, and in series with a 200 Ohm resistor, how many resistors do you have? 

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 09:08:51 am »
What is that "click bait title"?
Why did he deserved you thumbs down?

It's not a clickbait title, wilfred is just either shocked by the content, or is trolling.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 09:20:17 am »
It's not a clickbait title, wilfred is just either shocked by the content, or is trolling.
Just having a bit of fun with other Big Clive fans. I wasn't as shocked as BC is or will be.

Wilfred never trolls. That's why I put put my name to my posts.

I'm figuratively shocked because one can't really claim to be literally shocked by BC's channel. It's just a pun.

From the OED https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/clickbait
"content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page:"

Yeah, it's not the bad clickbait but I'm just joining into BC's spirit of fun. His fans who actually watch the video will get it.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:22:15 am by wilfred »

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 09:37:18 pm »
I never give Big Clive a thumbs down, I was going to, but looks like he's getting lots of thumbs up.  :palm:
Gone for good

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 02:52:49 am »
I never give Big Clive a thumbs down, I was going to, but looks like he's getting lots of thumbs up.  :palm:
6300 thumbs up to 1600 thumbs down. I'm not sure what I expected but I still don't know if I can watch. I cringed when I saw the local sushi maker slicing vegetables today. I was sure it would end in blood spilled.

I just used the search term "Big Clive butt".  :o  This is getting positively surreal.  I didn't find the BC video but I did find a rabbit hole I'm not sure I'll go down.

Offline German_EE

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 07:34:47 pm »
Big Clive is an interesting fellow but once in a while his videos are created for an adult audience. If you don't like that sort of material then don't watch it.
Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 08:43:44 pm »
Big Clive is an interesting fellow but once in a while his videos are created for an adult audience. If you don't like that sort of material then don't watch it.

(SPOILER ALERT, BC fans if you haven't watched the video stop reading now, I assume most regular BC viewers will have.)

You also didn't watch the video.

For the non BC fans who didn't watch the video.

It was JUST A JOKE. BC asked viewers to vote via the thumbs up/down on the YT system whether they wanted him to insert this butt plug with alarming levels of electro-stimulation.

I voted with a thumbs down.

THAT'S ALL THERE WAS TOO IT. It had nothing to do with being shocked either figuratively or literally. I wouldn't insert one whether electric or not myself but I am neither judgmental or shocked about what others do. I only voted no to offset the undeniably likely outcome that the vote would not be a close run thing.

I don't actually think he will be stupid enough to go ahead with it because as far as I recall no end date was assigned to the vote ( I may be wrong). I only know I personally would not find it sufficiently entertaining to watch. My limit of amusement for anal insertion peaked at seeing Basil Fawlty grab a large garden gnome and stride out seeking Mr O'Riley. Between that and hearing Manuel say "Basil" when searching for his filigreed siberian hamster are my two favourite scenes on Fawlty Towers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 09:09:26 pm by wilfred »

Offline Co6aka

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 02:19:47 am »
My limit of amusement for anal insertion peaked at seeing Basil Fawlty...

Fawlty Towers!!! :-DD "Manuel, you're a waste of space."

Seems a lot of people just don't understand British humor, and for some it can be a bit too "woody," but I can attest that with a little effort it can be acquired taste for us non-Brits, so... :-+  :-DD

Let 'em watch Benny Hill then... :o
Co6aka says, "BARK! and you have no idea how humans will respond."

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 02:54:22 am »
Wow, this thread was total clickbait. >:D
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: esuohdica

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf