Author Topic: nTOOBE - My first blogging attempt  (Read 1566 times)

Offline ntoobeTopic starter

• DIY, electronics, tinkering.
    • nTOOBE
nTOOBE - My first blogging attempt
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:36:39 pm »
I guess this is as good place to briefly introduce myself as any:

I always liked tinkering with stuff, especially mechanical and electrical.
As it turned out, from last year I happen to be an electrical engineering student.
At the same time, I started to slowly equip my 'home lab', more of a bunker.

Also, everyone and his dog has youtube channel these days, so I started one too.
Feel free to check it out: nTOOBE WARNING: quality of videos is crappy.

On top of all I have regular job and a family, so things are not moving fast on my channel.
At the moment (a very long moment), I'm in the process of acquiring some cheapass equipment for the lab, so nothing creative is going on.

And btw. is having link to my channel in the signature OK?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Re: nTOOBE - My first blogging attempt
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:49:35 pm »
Welcome to the EEVBlog.

From your introductory video, the picture quality wasn't too bad.  You might want to look at lighting so it's more balanced (not just lit from one side).  Audio is quite OK to start with.  Your accent is not too distracting - and after someone has been watching you for a few minutes, they aren't going to notice it.  Your English is pretty good and so far is easily understandable.

As for your aspirations, you seem well aware of how good/bad things may start out ... and that time will be a factor.

All in all, it seems you have a realistic outlook on the process, so we are interested to see what material you bring to the world.

(and Youtube link in the signature is quite OK)

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:02:46 am »
I should also add that while I noticed your edits were numerous, the simple cut and short dissolve techniques were quite appropriate.  Stick to the simple.

And don't worry about the number of edits - that is just a function of being new to blogging.  As you become more comfortable and confident with what you are doing, that will reduce.  One thing you are to be congratulated on is that you are aware of those parts of your presentation that are not helpful, distracting and time-wasting ... and that you have taken the effort to spare us from that.   :-+

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:49:36 am »
Smart move asking here for help.  Can you add YouTube to the title.  I almost missed this.  Added you to the list.

Can I make this suggestion to the title, change to:

"Wanted - Suggestions for improving my electronic related YouTube videos"

of something like this - make it more descriptive on what you want - it will get you more views

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 11:02:48 am »
welcome!

always nice to see new blogs on youtube

Given your introduction video is now 12 months old it's probably time to make a new one, you'll be able to incorporate previous episodes into the intro.

try and be regular with videos, one every month, two months, weekly... it doesn't matter, just be regular

good luck and keep making, the subs will come  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf