Author Topic: Opamp Effective Input Capacitance and My Blog  (Read 1107 times)

Offline palpurulTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Hey
Opamp Effective Input Capacitance and My Blog
« on: June 25, 2018, 09:19:30 am »
Hello,

I investigated opamp input capacitance and my findings were somewhat interesting and unexpected to me and I decided to write about it my blog.
I found out that in some cases differential input resistance appears as capacitance to ground and contributes to the total input capacitance along with opamp's common-mode input capacitance.

In Part 1 I explained the theory and calculations. I also verified my calculations in SPICE.
In Part 2 calculated, simulated and measured results are shown for different types opamps.

The measured results were larger than expected for opamps with lower differential resistance. I don't exactly know what was causing that, but I concluded that it was because of variation in open loop gain and differential resistance. I am open to hear your opinions about this.

I hope you find it interesting and useful.

Check out my blog and other stuff that I posted. So fat my content was mostly about analog stuff, but I might post about anything related to electronics.

Blog : https://dctodaylight.wordpress.com

Suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Thanks!  ;)

EDIT:

I had to move blog to wordpress from wix because wix site was causing a lot of problems for me.
Enjoy my new new site. :D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:33:59 pm by palpurul »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf