Author Topic: Oscilloscope needed in Czech Republic for good Electronics Youtuber  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Cliff MatthewsTopic starter

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
This one's for our love of electronics. The DanyK.cz website (http://danyk.cz/index_en.html) has helped many of us electronics guys with schematics and projects for almost 15-years, so he's done honest time helping everyone else. He has two Youtube channels (danyk666 and DiodeGoneWild) the later of which now has ~42,000 subscribers, but as Dave has so plainly shown, that income is not all its cracked up to be. His English skills have been getting better and recently I've listed 3 really good tutorials he's done in the Electronics Primer sticky (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/electronics-primers-course-material-and-books/msg1416343/#msg1416343).

I have no contacts with Tektronics or Rigol, but can anyone help this guy if they do? He needs something better than this:

Thanks!

The following users thanked this post: AllTheGearNoIdea

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Oscilloscope needed in Czech Republic for good Electronics Youtuber
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 01:26:58 am »
Dany is a smart guy, and makes good educational and entertaining videos. He is good at explaining circuits and concepts (for example SMPS's), with hand-drawn diagrams. He often shows unique historical pieces of electronics too. I enjoy his channel. I was kind of hoping that he would submit something for Dave's guest series. For some reason, he gets a lot of Indian commenters making fun of his accent. As if their English would be any better!

His website is an amazing treasure trove of well documented circuit examples.

I especially like his "rapid prototype" PCB assembly technique.  :-/O

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 01:33:46 am by timelessbeing »

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 02:19:02 am »
He could do crowdfunding to get scope.

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 06:24:19 am »
He could do crowdfunding to get scope.
I suppose you're right, although I can't help thinking this is one of those rare cases where some DSO mfg. could right one off for advertising costs. I don't know him, but from the videos I've seen, he's buying junk for the love of the craft and now needs to stop and work on a little clean-up to organize his bench, tools and test equipment. FWIW, someone here on the forum living near me donated a scope for my shop, and I'd just like to "do a good turn" and get the ball rolling for someone else.

Offline witnessmenow

• Contributor
  • Making Youtube Videos on ESP8266
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 11:04:24 am »
I would be surprised if at 40K subs that likes of banggood wouldn't provide one in exchange for a video demonstrating it.

Bitluni's lab  (who I'm pretty sure is on here too) got one just before Christmas from them and he has less subs than that:

Offline evava

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 11:32:46 am »
You are not afraid to impair his genius?

This one's for our love of electronics. The DanyK.cz website (http://danyk.cz/index_en.html) has helped many of us electronics guys with schematics and projects for almost 15-years, so he's done honest time helping everyone else. He has two Youtube channels (danyk666 and DiodeGoneWild) the later of which now has ~42,000 subscribers, but as Dave has so plainly shown, that income is not all its cracked up to be. His English skills have been getting better and recently I've listed 3 really good tutorials he's done in the Electronics Primer sticky (https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/electronics-primers-course-material-and-books/msg1416343/#msg1416343).

I have no contacts with Tektronics or Rigol, but can anyone help this guy if they do? He needs something better than this:

Thanks!

And , maybe post this also to Test Equipment section (especially to the TEA group therapy thread) and Buy Sell Wanted section, someone must be here who has just ONE extra oscilloscope..  ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 11:49:25 am by evava »

Offline razberik

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 12:33:31 pm »
I believe Danyk has no interest in such an equipment.
It doesnt match to his personality and style of presentation.

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 01:36:43 pm »
I believe Danyk has no interest in such an equipment.
It doesnt match to his personality and style of presentation.
OK, but it seems Pico Technology has made an offer to help. What should we do at this point? Do you speak for him?  :-//

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 03:41:53 am »
I don't know what to take away from marginalization, but my community attitude survives intact. If Pico Technologies makes contact with this fine YouTuber, so be it. And if not, at least I've tried. It's not like I run around seeking handouts for total strangers, so if I've offended, so be it. But I have sad memories of living 5-years within a communist dictatorship, observing with both scarcity and resourcefulness close-up.

Offline timelessbeing

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 08:23:21 am »
Woah chill out man. What does communism have to do with this? Sounds like you are stuck 30 years in the past.
Nobody is offended or speaking for anybody else. Raz simply stated that Dany's video aren't really about test gear, and it's kind of true.
In any case, I'm sure Dany would find funny & interesting ways to incorporate an oscilloscope into his videos. Good on ya for setting this up. Perhaps Pico can send Dan a message via his Youtube channel about page.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf