Author Topic: Poor Quality Stupid And Highly Offensive  (Read 3405 times)

Offline AllTheGearNoIdeaTopic starter

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
Poor Quality Stupid And Highly Offensive
« on: February 28, 2018, 07:36:08 am »
Has anyone noticed the number of stupid unfunny and potentially offensive electronics videos that have been  uploaded onto YouTube recently?

I JUST WANTED TO SAY SORRY

Content removed by gnif: if it's so offensive, why post it here and promote it?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:04:07 pm by gnif »
AllTheGearNoIdea Where Its All About The Gear

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
Re: Poor Quality Stupid And Highly Offensive
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 07:58:37 am »
That's a strange way to promote your channel. I'm not going to watch 20 minutes of rambling to see the offensive parts, but if you think so, why not delete the videos?
My RSS reader is blocked by the forum, so I won't be actively reading it. If you need to reach me, use email.

The following users thanked this post: AllTheGearNoIdea

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:25:37 am »
That's a strange way to promote your channel. I'm not going to watch 20 minutes of rambling to see the offensive parts, but if you think so, why not delete the videos?

Hi Alex great comments. I would not watch 20 minutes of rambling to see the offensive part. This one is more offensive right from the start. Have a great day.

https://youtu.be/mNsLj6gleQs

Offline filssavi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 08:28:38 am »
BTW. I don't have a fireplace or firewood. I have nothing against firewood stacking. The Holz Hausen method appeals

You seem very well informed on the subject, I suspect you are hiding something from us  :P , maybe a secret wood burning stove? :-DD

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:30:56 am »
Hi Wilfred well you got yourself quite worked up there haven’t you.  Nothing like a bit of pointless outrage to get the blood flowing is there.  From the time it’s taken you to post, it’s clear you didn’t actually bother to watch the video. Well more power to your elbow.  Have a great day and thanks for not watching.

Maybe you will enjoy not watching this one even more

https://youtu.be/ljeClaKpJLk

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:33:50 am »
So you really just decided to spam your videos here? Good luck getting people to watch, much less subscribe.

PS: looking forward to what sort of a rambling I get in response to that.
My RSS reader is blocked by the forum, so I won't be actively reading it. If you need to reach me, use email.

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 08:35:37 am »
BTW. I don't have a fireplace or firewood. I have nothing against firewood stacking. The Holz Hausen method appeals

You seem very well informed on the subject, I suspect you are hiding something from us  :P , maybe a secret wood burning stove? :-DD

I get wood all the time. Sometimes three or more times a day . Try Norwegian Wood by Lars Mytting For an old guy it’s amazing what he can do with his chopper

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/how-a-book-about-norwegian-wood-has-become-a-global-hit-a6747431.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:45:54 am by AllTheGearNoIdea »

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 08:38:56 am »
So you really just decided to spam your videos here? Good luck getting people to watch, much less subscribe.

Spam my videos. Like that’s the point of this section LOL

Have a great day thanks

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 08:41:49 am »
Yes, but you are also using very clumsy click bait, and that's far from the purpose of this section.

The following users thanked this post: station240, AllTheGearNoIdea

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 08:50:12 am »
Yes, but you are also using very clumsy click bait, and that's far from the purpose of this section.

Opinion

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 09:42:57 am »
IIRC the moderators *DO* *NOT* like Youtube trolling here.   Dave has personally said he usually deletes such topics if he sees them.

@moderators: please do the needful 

The following users thanked this post: cgroen, AllTheGearNoIdea

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 10:07:02 am »
IIRC the moderators *DO* *NOT* like Youtube trolling here.   Dave has personally said he usually deletes such topics if he sees them.

@moderators: please do the needful

There’s really no answer to that, when anything I say or respond to however personally insulting to me  carries the potential for being accused of trolling.   Generally if I don’t like a post I just do not  comment I don’t start whining about it. But I guess everyone different. Thank god. Your comments are noted let’s leave it there and the mods can make their own decisions.

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 11:04:05 am »
IMHO linking one's own videos here with a 'clickbait' topic title and no summary for any of them is trolling and excessively spammy.   I wouldn't have commented (other than on the actual video content) if you had a topic where you shared relevant videos from your channel with us, with summaries.  Personally, I would request that you don't start multiple topics to post your own video links as a single topic is much easier to ignore for those who don't want to see them.  Of course if you've got something relevant to someone else's topic, *PLEASE* don't hesitate to contribute.   Also, an occasional 'refresh' with a new topic when your existing video topic gets to an unwieldy length wouldn't be out of order.

However those are my personal opinions and I am *NOT* an EEVblog moderator.   Dave & Simons' opinions are bound to differ and theirs are the ones that count.   If I was in your position I would PM Dave for clarification . . . .

I apologise for posting the '@moderators' line - that was uncalled for on my part and could potentially stifle public debate that may yet show my opinion is in the minority.

Edited to clarify my opinions on acceptable self-promotion.  IMHO Extra latitude should be given in the 'Other Blog Specific' subforum as its explicit purpose is: "Got your own blog?, or want to post someone else's blog and talk about it? You can do that here."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:26:34 pm by Ian.M »

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 11:14:45 am »
Thanks Ian. I have no issue with this. I was not aware regarding the etiquette of posting.

Edited: I would not waste Dave’s time on this as I’m sure it comes under the advice of just play nice.

Regards Chris
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:28:44 am by AllTheGearNoIdea »

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 12:03:40 pm »
Top tips in this channel! "It's probably not a very good idea to put knots in wires like this 'cause it does restrict the flow of the electrons"  :-+  Olé! I subbed.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:06:48 pm by GeorgeOfTheJungle »
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

The following users thanked this post: Ian.M, AllTheGearNoIdea

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 12:10:34 pm »
Hi George. I thought I explained knots are fine just not really tight ones  :-+ and Avoid right angles in PCB tracking so the electrons don’t have to slow down to get around the bend.   I knew there was a sense of humour on here somewhere if we just looked hard enough!

Many Thanks

Regards Chris
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:30:20 pm by AllTheGearNoIdea »

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 03:10:02 pm »
Hi George. I thought I explained knots are fine just not really tight ones  :-+ and Avoid right angles in PCB tracking so the electrons don’t have to slow down to get around the bend.   I knew there was a sense of humour on here somewhere if we just looked hard enough!

Many Thanks

Hi Chris. You're welcome. "The second reason is that I got really drunk, yeah, and, well what'd you say, I got really drunk and... ebay. In my drunken stupor I did actually have a little bit of a plan" lol, I like your sense of humor :) (the dangers of 1-click buy).

IDK why are you being so unfriendly?
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Online ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 04:35:16 pm »
IDK why are you being so unfriendly?
Because normally I would go past a topic like this, but you decided yo use click bait title, which is irritating and stupid. If you want subscribers by any means - go pay the army of bots, they will give you subscribers.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf