Author Topic: News from Tinkertubes Lab  (Read 20434 times)

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
Re: News from Tinkertubes Lab
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2017, 07:01:45 am »
Dark grey on black, and light grey on white, you really don't want your audience to read the text, do you? :) But I like the second version. High contrast so that even with the relative small text (you could make it slightly bigger now, still some room left) it is easy to read. And the idea itself with an IC marking and the PCB and gear background is nice. You could build this as a physical model with a real IC, PCB and (big) metal gear. 14 pin DIP ICs are very common, like a 7400 quad NAND, which everyone has in the parts bin.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline YsjoelfirTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2017, 08:06:23 pm »
The reason for the light grey on white / dark grey on black thing is, that I want to give the impression of an embossed / engraved text in both the IC and the gear. I agree with the IC text being a bit hard to read at monitors with lower brightness, so I changed that and tried to get the other way ICs can be labeled - by printing. Do you think that worked out?
I also made the light grey text a tad darker as sugested in Brumbys version, just a bit less dark.
Regarding the rebuilding thing: That is my intention, I wanted to do a little super short intro, sticking stuff together and fading over to the big logo picture, everything in not more than 10 seconds. I just have to get a gear that is big enough...

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 08:08:46 pm by Ysjoelfir »
Greetings, Kai \ Ysjoelfir

• Frequent Contributor
ELABO Style Workbench? Done! Lights? Done! Desk? Done! Next: start recording!
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 10:25:21 am »
Now that this logo thing seems to be done I decided to give you a little update on how my lab rebuild is progressing. I fitted new fluorescent lamps into my desk lamp and wired the first components into my new desk, which had to be built before, and also got a new drawer cabinet which is so useful for storing all kind of crap you need around the lab, beauty! Enjoy  the video!

• Frequent Contributor
Re: News from Tinkertubes Lab - Keithley 199 auction score
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2017, 09:26:42 am »
Yes, rather long time since the last video, I was very busy studying. Now at the summer break there is finally time to do some videos again!

As some of you already have read at the auction score thread I got lucky and got a Keithley 199 at ebay for just 90€. Nice bargain, even though it was slightly defective. Turned out to be a rather.... creative fix. Hope you enjoy it :)

https://youtu.be/3tNQtYuWTrs

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2017, 12:37:46 pm »
Just a short video I recorded quite some time ago - a quite destructive attempt to exchange the battery of a Blizzard / World of Warcraft Authenticator. It works, but is now... somehow busted :D

https://youtu.be/oktBQXH7NhI
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:42:06 pm by Ysjoelfir »

• Frequent Contributor
Salvaging parts
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2017, 01:32:40 am »
A new video arrived ;) Since my box of stuff that needs to be taken to bits is way more than just full I decided to start a little video series where I disassemble stuff and see what can be salvaged from it. If you like to join me take a look :)

https://youtu.be/XNQGxuVJu0I

• Frequent Contributor
DIY solder fume extractor for under 50 bucks!
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2018, 11:51:23 pm »
Long time since the last video but I found the time to tinker around a bit again, now that I started an internship at ZES Zimmer the study work has reduced a lot which means more free time to get stuff done :)
In this episode of Tinkertubes Lab I rebuilt my old DIY fume extractor for way under 50€ and it worked out absolutely fine. If you want to join me take a look at

and leave any comments you have about it :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf