Author Topic: Sony VAIO UX microPC: the world's first solid state drive (SSD) computer  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Janus CycleTopic starter

In EEVblog #914, Dave did an extreme teardown of a Sony VAIO UX Micro PC with some great info about the chips inside. He thought this model had flopped but said he stood to be corrected.

This video is my take on the Sony Vaio UX, which after release became the world's first solid state computer in the consumer marketplace. I have included a perspective on SSD's in 2006 and made a tribute to a niche Vaio.

How successful do you think the Sony Vaio UX ultra micro PC was?

Janus Cycle: Technology, teardowns, electronics, science.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 06:28:54 am by Janus Cycle »

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KJ7YLK
Re: Sony VAIO UX microPC: the world's first solid state computer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 09:36:25 am »
Of course you don't mean "world's first solid state computer", not by decades. You mean "first SSD computer".

It is a very interesting gadget and thanks for sharing it.  I am a Sony fan-boy in general and have several VAIO computers before they got out of the business.  :-\

Assuming you didn't use the misleading title as click-bait.  You have another subscriber.

Offline Janus CycleTopic starter

Re: Sony VAIO UX microPC: the world's first solid state drive (SSD) computer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 06:27:53 am »
Thanks for your feedback.
To avoid click-bait I made the original video title as "the world's first SSD computer" but then stuffed up on this forum post title with a less clear title of "the world's first solid state computer". I have changed the original title of this thread to fix that.
I hope you enjoy the channel.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 06:30:11 am by Janus Cycle »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf