Author Topic: Started an electronics blog in 2017 - any readers interested?  (Read 1975 times)

Offline KhronXTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Khron's Cave - Electronics Blog
I quite hope this is the correct subforum for this, and that this sort of... promotion isn't (too) frowned upon  :-/O

But yeah, almost a year ago i finally took the dive and started a blog, mostly to document some of my own DIY projects / repairs / teardowns (as opposed to having them spread across / duplicated on a number of forums and all the hassle that goes along with that).

Mostly audio stuff (both analog and digital), but also a few power supplies, and even a digital camera "revival".
Either way, it can be found over here  :-+

For what it's worth, i'm planning / hoping to extend onto Youtube at some point this year, but... I guess time will tell  :-DMM
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 12:17:22 am by KhronX »
Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Offline smbaker

• Regular Contributor
    • Scott's Electronics & Sandrail & Old BBS Game Blog
Re: Started an electronics blog in 2017 - any readers interested?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 02:24:02 am »
I'll take a look at yours, if you take a look at mine! www.smbaker.com :D

I was originally a text blog too, and then moved onto youtube. Aside from the occasional vocal objector, people seem to mostly enjoy the videos, though I wonder if the text presentation isn't more useful (a schematic and a few pictures can convey an idea more concisely than 30 minutes of video blogging). I also got started mostly documenting my own projects -- if I do something, even if it doesn't seem immediately interesting, I try to document it. Even if it's just something as simple as a kit build. The more information we spread around, the more people we can bring in as new electronics enthusiasts.

I think you're on the right track with the repair videos in particular. There's a lot of people that have something that breaks or needs improvement, and a blog post can really help them along.

Scott

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 05:35:35 am »
I quite hope this is the correct subforum for this, and that this sort of... promotion isn't (too) frowned upon  :-/O

This is, indeed, the correct subforum - and rather than being frowned upon, Dave encourages others to get into it!

So - do your best .... let us know about your efforts and if you want a critique, you can usually expect honest and constructive feedback.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 09:20:49 am »
Wasn't there that saying, "if you're not pissing anyone off, you're not doing it right / you're doing something wrong"?  :-DD

Aside from the occasional vocal objector, people seem to mostly enjoy the videos, though I wonder if the text presentation isn't more useful (a schematic and a few pictures can convey an idea more concisely than 30 minutes of video blogging).
[...]
Scott

Either way, thanks for the support and kind words, guys  :-+
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:24:02 am by KhronX »
Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Offline smbaker

• Regular Contributor
    • Scott's Electronics & Sandrail & Old BBS Game Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 04:00:23 pm »
Wasn't there that saying, "if you're not pissing anyone off, you're not doing it right / you're doing something wrong"?  :-DD

It's hard to say, the last few comments (all from the same guy) were:

* "Get another voice you son of satan"

* "Idiot"

* "The way you speak is really annoying you have a sharp disturbing voice that makes we wanna turn you off right away. Go to hell you punk."

* "Freely using other's materias yet has a copyright notice on his silly website"

* "You are stupid and your voice is annoying"

Ah, youtube, you bring out the best in people. I think it's the copyright issue that set him off (It's just a boilerplate copyright notice that I automatically tack onto pages by wordpress). though I suspect there are larger psychological/mental issues at play for someone to be behaving like this.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 04:05:05 pm »
To quote AvE, there are those people's "whose knickers come factory pre-knotted"...  :palm:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf