Author Topic: Time Splitter  (Read 12721 times)

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Time Splitter
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2017, 08:09:17 pm »
You really have a gift for that. You likely could make some really amazing indoor spaces based on that kind of concept. Consider doing that in San Francisco. If you did, geeks from all around SV would donate their most interesting and esoteric devices to you to save them from the landfill, they would know they were going to a good home. I'm completely serious. I'm sure in Australia you have your share of so called "outsider art" some people just start doing some project and it just gets better and better (or more and more over the top) and eventually it becomes a draw for people visiting an area from all around the world. If you did this and also provided a cool social space the world would literally beat a path to your door.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:38:12 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline @rtTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 12:19:24 am »
I can’t even get a job in assembly lol.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 12:32:03 am »
Jobs are vanishing everywhere, for good. By mid-century 4/5 of the planet will be unemployed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 12:34:41 am by cdev »

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 01:13:22 am »
By mid-century 4/5 of the planet will be employed in jobs that don't even exist now.

FTFY

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 02:07:56 am »
How?

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 02:22:44 am »
By looking past the end of my nose.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 03:03:43 pm »
Its my understanding of the system we have now that it sees labor in developed countries as too expensive. So expect shifts to enable working over the Internet from elsewhere, online services or guest worker schemes which allows foreign companies to use their labor from home in other countries for periods of several years or more without paying wages required of domestic firms in the host country.

Either way, most of the people in the expensive countries become become unemployed and even those with extensive skills find it harder and harder to support themselves.

Profits are channeled upward. Social Security systems, dependent on a domestic workforce and starved of funds by their being replaced by corporate entities from elsewhere which are given market access to replace all government services with private ones will fail to offer any cushion as billions of people attempt to cash in their investments at the same time.

Its also recognized by many that investments of all kinds will also tank, because their values are dependent on customers and buying of services and products. A loss of faith in democracy (which in fact was gutted in the 90s globally by the creation of the WTO without telling anybody) will cause profound shifts in how people view it.

]Hannah Arendt wrote about something called "atomisation" of populations that occurs.

People will be on their own and isolated and governments hands will have been tied by WTO, World Bank, IMF, FTAs, ISDS and similar.

Under so called 'free trade" corporations from all around the world will have freedom and equal rights to profit from business with the dis-empowered without government interference. Its hard to say how this will end up. It is likely to be a feeding frenzy but ... it may not even matter in the final analysis, though, because..

Its possible that at some point intelligent machines may simply evolve beyond us and replace us.

They may see us as not worth saving because of how we treat one another. Think of children who grow up with parents who hate one another - children of bitter divorces, seeing their parents forever fighting with one another and trying to get them to hurt the other parent.

There is a very real danger of that happening I think. Not today, not tomorrow, but say three or four decades from now.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:34:50 pm by cdev »

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 08:35:06 am »
All kinds of awesome. Screams Nixie tube display and neon indicators for an 'upgrade' from LED's :-+
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: @rt

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf