Author Topic: USHCN temperature data 'adjustments'  (Read 1392 times)

Offline IanMacdonaldTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • IWR Consultancy
USHCN temperature data 'adjustments'
« on: May 26, 2018, 04:19:27 pm »
An independent analysis of the data tampering allegations made on sites such as realclimatescience.com and WUWT.

I've taken the original, official USA weather station data and written my own analysis routine.

https://iwrconsultancy.co.uk/blog/usatemps

Know it's not strictly electronics, but it's certainly metrology-related.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:27:19 pm by IanMacdonald »

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
Re: USHCN temperature data 'adjustments'
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 05:09:30 pm »
Non coastal USA is a pretty big outlier. The 40s in the US are like the little Ice Age, an uncomfortable truth (to most climate scientists). They finally stopped lying about the global nature of the little ice age ... maybe they'll stop lying about central USA's climate in the 20th century at some point as well.

That said, USA coastal stations will have a decent raw data warming trend even relative to the 40s.

Offline IanMacdonaldTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • IWR Consultancy
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 08:03:46 pm »
Obvious question is whether similar adjustments were made to other regions' data. There are reports of such to South American and Icelandic data, but I can't confirm them.  It would be worth finding out though. In fact, as so much money hinges on climate measures, there should be an independent team put onto this.

Difficulty is in the word 'independent' though, it's such a politically charged area of science that any team, no matter who, is going to be accused of being in one camp or the other and thus having confirmation bias.

Online Marco

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 08:55:38 pm »
I did the math on some pretty crusty text format datasets from national societies around the world for coastal stations (seeing as they are going to be inherently more reliable for global trends) and they pretty much all show raw increases between 1940s and 2000s.

Much like sea level rise the evidence is pretty clear. Slow increase, evidence for any connection to the order of magnitude speedup of CO2 emissions halfway last century, not so much. At least not the terrestrial data, the satellite data for sea level supposedly show acceleration, we'll see it on tidal gauges any day now ... any day now ...
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 08:58:17 pm by Marco »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf