Author Topic: VEGEteK #009 - What is a control valve  (Read 2388 times)

Offline VEGETATopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
VEGEteK #009 - What is a control valve
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:28:30 pm »
This is my new episode:

it is not purely electronics but it is ok. I have many content like that but is it ok to put it here? or better open a topic here called "other episodes" for non-electronics ones?

best regards!

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
Re: VEGEteK #009 - What is a control valve
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 05:38:58 pm »
slides are downloadable from here: https://www.slideshare.net/HossamMoghrabi/presentations

contains very few typos though xD

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 06:18:52 pm »
Quite liked it, brought back memories of trade test, where you were given a very well used one ( really well used and abused) and had to repair it, fix the deliberate faults and get it to run to the limits and in between with certain linearity and without oscillating while doing so. That part of the test took 2 hours, on a 2 day test.

The following users thanked this post: VEGETA

• Super Contributor
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 06:39:18 pm »
Quite liked it, brought back memories of trade test, where you were given a very well used one ( really well used and abused) and had to repair it, fix the deliberate faults and get it to run to the limits and in between with certain linearity and without oscillating while doing so. That part of the test took 2 hours, on a 2 day test.

Well, I didn't go that far xD.

I know how to calibrate the pneumatic positioner and to wire the thing with air regulators and all. However, I didn't do full repair. My technicians did works such as welding the V-ball actuator then calibrate the positioner.

My next video is about why we use 4-20mA current signals as a standard in industry. I also plan to make instrumentation videos like this one along with typical electronics stuff.

Best regards for your kind reply.

Offline retrolefty

• Super Contributor
  • measurement changes behavior
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 03:45:43 pm »
Before retirement I use to both purchase and have installed these kinds of control valves, we used mostly Fisher control valves. The last model had all the electronics, I/P, and feedback link, all mounted
in a small plastic box mounted to the valve body. Using a handheld communicator one could perform automatic valve set-up and calibration after installation in just a couple mins. Rebuilding the valve body was a machine shop function. Typical valve size could be 1" to 6" with a few even larger. Costs with accesories started at around $2K and up depending on valve size.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:53:00 pm by retrolefty »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf