Author Topic: Youtube and copy right material  (Read 17291 times)

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Youtube and copy right material
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 09:02:03 am »
Hey so I just noticed on both it says "visual content" what I wonder if perhaps the intro is what is triggering the match for some reason.

Ah, found it! The intro is similar to yours cause they used the same video software which likely they can't copyright ironically.

Gone for good

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2017, 09:07:57 am »
Hey so I just noticed on both it says "visual content" what I wonder if perhaps the intro is what is triggering the match for some reason.
Ah, found it! The intro is similar to yours cause they used the same video software which likely they can't copyright ironically.

Wow, yep, that's it. Same intro video effect.
I'd just go with something different or it will keep happening.
Fight all you want, but it will likely be a waste of time and energy.

Offline Radio TechTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • KC4UMO Buddy
    • Hobby Forum
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2017, 02:43:03 pm »

Great catch my friend. Time to move up to Sony Vegas Studio and drop the Movie Maker editor.

• Frequent Contributor
  • KC4UMO Buddy
    • Hobby Forum
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2017, 02:47:30 pm »

Wow, yep, that's it. Same intro video effect.
I'd just go with something different or it will keep happening.
Fight all you want, but it will likely be a waste of time and energy.

I am afraid you are very correct Dave.
From what I have been seeing and reading they have been doing this for a long time and no one has stopped them yet.
I am just going to drop the intro for now on and just shoot the footage.

On another note I did find some good in this. Since I disputed the copy right claim  neither party gets money till the dispute is resolved.

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 12:20:06 am »

Great catch my friend. Time to move up to Sony Vegas Studio and drop the Movie Maker editor.

Glad to find it, really didn't notice until watching your video. Explains why its a more common thing since it's free on windows....

If you want something on the cheaper side PowerDirector is what I use.

Glad it's all figured out now anyways! :)
Gone for good

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2017, 02:40:18 am »
Not that I do much, but I also use PowerDirector.  Inexpensive, but pretty decent from what I have used it for.  I was able to get all the effects I wanted - and did so by poking around, not by hours of tutorials.  It seemed pretty intuitive to me.

• Frequent Contributor
  • KC4UMO Buddy
    • Hobby Forum
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 05:50:39 pm »
Thanks guys. I will look into that. Would have replied sooner but down with pneumonia.

Offline 3db

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 06:08:35 pm »
Thanks guys. I will look into that. Would have replied sooner but down with pneumonia.

Hope you get well soon Buddy.

3DB

Offline imidis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017, 08:02:44 pm »

No problem, get better soon!  :) That does not sound pleasant at all!

Your call sign had me thinking back of someone I knew that was into HAM long ago, but I'm pretty sure his call sign was ended in ASC or something like that...
Gone for good

Offline @rt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 12:30:52 pm »
When the detectors came in I already had a video that blatantly used a copyrighted soundtrack
owned by DefJam recordings. The audio of my video was muted, the silent YouTube video was left
online, and it remained that way for a couple of years.
Without any action from me, as there was no dispute, the original audio was reenabled,
and has stayed that way ever since.
Explain me that one :D

Offline Harb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2017, 01:02:05 pm »

If you would like to keep using that same effect, just reverse it in the duration settings for whatever software you use or even change the colour of it......99.9% of the time that will do it......the algorithm see's the effect and thinks its looking at a commercial or film opening.

There are other ways to get this stuff through, slight frame shifting etc, but so many TV productions are done with basic editing software these days, its very easy to use something that some production is using elsewhere in the world.

I am involved in the TV industry and see this happen a bit...... YouTube algorithms are very broad

Cheers

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf