Author Topic: Youtube firing all monitized channels <1000 subs, lets make a subscriber pool  (Read 15594 times)

Offline Yansi

• Super Contributor
  • STM32, STM8, AVR, 8051
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtMQfOVPCWMd3x3k5dtQieg

There is a dedicated thread for advertising forum user's YouTube channels, this one is not the one.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
There is a dedicated thread for advertising forum user's YouTube channels, this one is not the one.

Drum roll.........

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Offline Yansi

• Super Contributor
  • STM32, STM8, AVR, 8051
Ba-dum Tsss.  ^-^

Offline Terrius

• Contributor
    • Tinkering with Terrius
I have mixed feelings about the whole partner program change. On one hand it potentially means that once you do qualify you will make more money, due to a higher CPM. On the other hand it has been shown that monetizing a video can drastically increase it's exposure on the algorithm. I never bothered with monetizing videos because I felt it had no direct purpose for me at the time (I never knew it increased algorithm views).

The claim by many big channels is that this change will make it easier for new channels that take YouTube seriously to get exposure, because it will kill off bot accounts. I'm not sure I understand this however, it implies that all these bot accounts will just suddenly die off and disappear. I was under the impression that once you apply for partner it can take weeks or months to be approved. If that is the case how did these bot accounts get approved so quickly and make money from ads?

I suppose I should just get used to the goal post being moved, I'm sure next year (or sooner) they will increase it again. Then again, I just enjoy making videos so while it would be nice to eventually have a bit extra money for projects I suppose for now I will just make due with what I'm lucky enough to have the algorithm grace me with. It served one of my videos as a suggested on a Big Clive video once (still no idea how or why), that was an exciting huge spike in views, watch time and subs!

I'm roughly half way to the new goal for watch time, but 4000 hours a year still seems like a lot for a niche channel like mine. I'm also only at 1/4 of the subs needed, which is a lot more than I ever expected to have in reality.

Offline epy

• Regular Contributor

Offline b_force

• Super Contributor
    • One World Concepts
Get a VPN an make a bunch of Gmail accounts and subscribe to yourself  ;) 8)

Offline epy

• Regular Contributor
 ;D
In that case share VPN's detials with us.

Offline witnessmenow

• Contributor
  • Making Youtube Videos on ESP8266
    • My YouTube Channel
Looks like the boost I got from the guest video might just be enough to sneak me in!

Need 25k more watch minutes, but I was getting that some months even pre Guest video, so we'll see!

Offline @rt

• Super Contributor
Right now I have a bit over 1360 subscribers, and 19388 mins watch time for 28 days.

According to Social Blade, I’d have $4-$68 monthly income if I did monetise it.
Not nearly worth the annoyance of adds for the viewer from my point of view.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
I just dug through my spam folder and realized my account got hit too.  No longer eligible for monetization.  I wonder what happens to my dollar that I made?  I don't imagine they will pay it out?  :-DD

While I don't really care that much for myself, I do find this is a huge kick in the face to anyone who wants to try to start a more serious channel and try to get somewhere.   On the other hand if you're doing it just for the money then it's for the wrong reason.  Youtube is not a get rich scheme.

So if they do pay me out, what should I invest it in?  I might put it into Bitcoin.  :P

Offline madsbarnkobTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
Right now I have a bit over 1360 subscribers, and 19388 mins watch time for 28 days.

According to Social Blade, I’d have $4-$68 monthly income if I did monetise it.
Not nearly worth the annoyance of adds for the viewer from my point of view.

I can tell you that the social blade estimate is very wide and the real revenue is around double of the minimum, at-least that is my experience.

I still need to catch up 10000 minutes the next 6 days to be in the safe zone, hopefully I will make it :)

Offline epy

• Regular Contributor
Subscribed..
I also started Youtube channel recently.Please subscribe my channel as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWBY9ev946OYaS7bUVDGFIg

Offline madsbarnkobTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Kaizer Power Electronics
So that was some pretty intense 30 days, right up until 2 days before the deadline and it broke past the 240.000 minutes.

This would never had happened without Dave's guest video, so a big thanks to Dave for that.

It had me try out doing live broadcasts and that was a quite fun and new experience to do it so much without a script, but only a few things prepared and no possibilities of editing things out, which can really be seen on the first live broadcast where I was talking to myself for 10 minutes before I realized I was not live  :-BROKE and when I hit the go live button once again, I was in the middle of my speech and slide show :)

Thanks to everyone that watched and I hope my subscriptions to others channels helped them too.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
Congrats! Glad you made it.

I just got my official notice today that my channel is demonetized.

Hi Red Squirrel,
As you probably heard, we recently announced updates to the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). We made these changes to address a spike in abuse on YouTube by bad actors like spammers, impersonators, and re-uploaders. Our goal is to ensure a healthy ecosystem where original creators can grow and thrive.
As of today, your channel, Red Squirrel will no longer have access to monetization tools associated with YPP because it doesn’t meet the new threshold of 4,000 hours of watch time within the past 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. If you meet the new threshold at some point in the future, you'll be automatically re-evaluated for YPP. The reviews typically take 1-2 weeks.

I think I made a bit over a dollar off my channel in total (not really a big or serious channel) so I'm not too worried at the idea of losing monetization, more of the principal.  How is that going to stop abuse, it's just going to screw over the little guy that actually wants to try to make a bigger channel.  There is no longer incentive for anyone to try anymore as those requirements are over the top for someone starting out.

This is not going to stop abusers from re-uploading other people's videos, or uploading spam etc. 

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
I don't earn much but it is as you said, this will be the driving force for upcoming achievements... not what it is now.

This is my channel: www.youtube.com/thundertronics

Right now I have 1046 subscriber and they are increasing daily without putting any content due to my daily work and stuff, so it would be much better when I do post regular stuff. There are videos that continuously gaining views for me and I expect to do more of them.

I plan to do weekly/Biweekly videos on regular basis and I hope I can!

regards!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf