Author Topic: 10kva programable load with both linear and non linear  (Read 2917 times)

Offline Somnath7Topic starter

10kva programable load with both linear and non linear
« on: February 08, 2017, 06:53:27 pm »
Dear Friends I want to design a 10 kva progamable load, where my requirements of display  is to show the value of resistor, and for R-L both resistor and inductor, for R-C both resistor and capacitors and for non linear the value of resistors, capacitors, and inductors,so please suggest me the design by how I can show all the above displays in one screen and control the whole circuit.... I have already purchased 10 kW variable resistor, and I have 1uf to 12000 uf both ac DC capacitors and bridge rectifiers and 0.01 to. 9henry inductor..... So what are additional things I have to buy and how to design it please please suggest me.....

Re: 10kva programable load with both linear and non linear
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 04:34:38 am »
 dear #admin even a single reply dosent  come to my post please help me or even suggest me how to make CR mode in this setup
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 04:36:41 am by Somnath7 »

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 05:21:37 am »
Many relays and a PLC with HMI. And possibly a few meters.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:23:08 am by Jeroen3 »

Offline mmagin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:23:35 am »
I think this is way higher power than what most of us have dealt with.

So I guess you want something for testing large inverters or VFDs or transformers or something.

Presumably this is a 10 kW variable resistor that you can drive with a stepper motor or something like that, and then you would presumably have a lot of relays (well, at that power level, most people seem to call them "contactors") which can insert these large inductors or capacitors in circuit with the resistor -- I suppose the most efficient scheme is something resembling a binary sequence of values.

So it might get you more answers if you indicate where exactly you're stuck?  The power circuitry?  Current/voltage monitoring?  Control/user-interface?  Safety?  (This is more dangerous than what most EEs deal with in their career.)

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 06:28:10 am »
I've built controls for a 700 kW resistive loadbank. I've worked with 1 MVA loadbanks.
They have:
- A range of inductors, capacitors and resistors.
- Many relays.
- A PLC.
- Some metering.
- A wired/wireless remote control.
- Big fans.

It's not that complicated, just big. You stop DIY-ing control components, and start buying off the shelf automation.

Usage is easy, you tell the thing to make x Amps/kVa/kW it does some computation with line voltage, and enables the relays.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:32:04 am by Jeroen3 »

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 09:27:49 am »
thanks sir for your suggestion, can you provide me a basic circuit diagram or any block diagram of the whole system

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 09:30:44 am »
thanks sir, can you please share me the block diagram or any thing else

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 09:33:13 am »
thanks for your comment

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 09:38:55 am »
yes sir i want to test inverters and UPS according to IEC 62040-1, so can you provide me a blog diagram of the whole setup or any thing else which could help to start my project , i have already 20KW resistor setup and inductor and capacitor , already i make the setup but my main aim to control the circuit through display or any program so help me out

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 09:44:41 am »
mainly the controlling , for example if i set resistor 5.3 ohm, 220V, for 9000W then after few mins the value of resistor increasing 6.3 etc for that purposes i need contant resistance, so how i can maintain constant resistance and for that i also want to see the value at display so what i have to do please suggest me....

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 09:53:43 am »
#Jeroen3 so sir can you please provide me the circuit diagram of the setup or any blog diagram, and thanks for your answer

Online krish2487

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 10:05:37 am »
Hello,

If you are not experienced with dealing with this power levels, it would be foolish to even attempt what you are trying to do.
Thats why most of the people are keeping mum. Noone wants to help you build a device with which you can hurt yourself, or worse, hurt others.

Like it goes in the common saying, "If you need to ask the price, you cant afford it"
If you need to ask how to achieve this levels of power control, you are not obviously equipped to handle it.
I am sorry, it is unlikely someone will even want to give you any help beyond what others have already done.
Get off the shelf components, work with them. They have many built in safety features that you might not think of, need, use, imagine or build into your DIY system.
If god made us in his image,
and we are this stupid
then....

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 10:43:55 am »
So many replies within a day won't help on a slow chat forum.
I won't provide diagrams or circuits as the concept is very easy. You should be able to do this yourself.

At work we have a variable inductive load by locking an inducion motor and adjusting the angle of the rotor by a servo. It's a hack, but it works.

The following users thanked this post: ratio

Offline MagicSmoker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 11:09:17 am »
#Jeroen3 so sir can you please provide me the circuit diagram of the setup or any blog diagram, and thanks for your answer

Is this for a commercial project? If so, please state your budget for having someone design everything for you (surely you don't expect people to work for free, right?).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf