Author Topic: 26650 holder  (Read 1543 times)

Offline akisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
26650 holder
« on: June 22, 2017, 08:42:47 am »
Hello

I am trying to put together a battery pack composed of 6 x 26650s and I have bought plastic holders from ebay, but they take up a lot of space and it is unworkable. If I put 6 x 26650s side by side with small gaps, they take around 16cm. The holder I am looking for should be sturdy enough to hold them in place and also allow regular insertion and removal for recharging or replacing bad cells. Any idea how I could do it?

Maybe I can repurpose an old style D size battery charger they usually have sturdy spring loaded contacts.

But I would have thought that 26650s are the way forward and that there would be plenty of holders to choose from.

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: 26650 holder
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 11:15:39 am »
Do you have a PCB or other flat plate you can mount to?  You can get C-size two-piece battery clips and mount them at the appropriate distance for your 26650s, something like these: http://www.keyelco.com/category.cfm/Cylindrical-Cell-Clips-THM-and-SMT/For-C-Batteries/p/404/id/943/c_id/953

You can also buy the sort of contacts and springs that are meant to be installed into a housing, if you have the ability to fabricate the housing:  http://www.keyelco.com/category.cfm/Battery-Coin-Cell-Holders-Contacts-Clips/Cylindrical-Cell-Contacts/p/404/id/410

Offline innkeeper

• Supporter
Hobbyist and a retired engineer and possibly a test equipment addict, though, searching for the equipment to test for that.

Offline akisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: 26650 holder
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 10:19:02 am »
Thanks, I now have some more ideas.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf