Author Topic: Attenuating Volume when Injecting Audio into a CRT Television  (Read 1310 times)

Offline cplusplusTopic starter

I have a mid to late 80's Sony Triniton that only has an RF input. I have successfully injected composite video, and I have working audio injected right before the amplifier IC. The television is mono.

In order to have the volume control function correctly, would a voltage controlled resistor be the best solution here? The volume control voltage increases when the volume is turned up.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:53:43 pm by cplusplus »

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
Re: Attenuating Volume when Injecting Audio into a CRT Television
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:08:58 pm »
Your situation is unclear from what you posted.  Do you want to feed an audio signal directly into the television receiver, or do you want to modulate an oscillator to be received by it?  And what do you want to do to control the volume?

I suspect you are getting a bit too fancy for a rather simple thing.

The following users thanked this post: cplusplus

Offline cplusplusTopic starter

Re: Attenuating Volume when Injecting Audio into a CRT Television
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 11:52:14 pm »
I have the audio working fine directly into the TV, but I would like to be able to control the volume with the remote.

My idea is to take the volume control (0V when volume is all the way down, just under 6V when volume is at the max) and input it into something like a MOSFET attenuator circuit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf