Author Topic: adjustable HV power supply modules  (Read 1251 times)

Offline phenolTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
adjustable HV power supply modules
« on: April 20, 2018, 04:57:11 am »
Can anyone recommend a reputable source/brand (except Keysighht and Keithley) of ac/dc regulated power supply bricks/rackmount/etc for integration. It has to deliver 0-200V/0.5-1A and for another project--1000V/0.3-0.5A. I don't care about connectivity, etc. It will be set and forget during installation and only work at one fixed voltage within its operating range. For the first prototype i made my own fixed boost converter as an exercise, but (lessons learned  :bullshit: ) i don't want to go that route again...

Offline ikrase

• Regular Contributor
Re: adjustable HV power supply modules
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 06:05:36 am »
That is quite a bit of current. This kind of thing is generally... expensive.

Spellman and Glassman come to mind. With only 1000 volts, you have more options.

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 11:27:17 am »
Thanks for the suggestions. The actual average current drawn from the PSU is going to stay in the sub-100mA range, but if underpowered, i'm afraid it could go into hiccup mode or whatever during power up when it has to charge the bulk capacitors the load has.

Online BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 11:32:39 am »
Can anyone recommend a reputable source/brand (except Keysighht and Keithley) of ac/dc regulated power supply bricks/rackmount/etc for integration......

A budget or even ballpark figure if you're shy, will make this thread more meaningful, as people here just love to bombard you with various products they had in mind without concerning the depth of your pocket.

As olde says ... Money Talks ...  :P

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 01:00:45 pm »
Something like this would fit the bill, technically speaking: https://www.advanced-energy.com/en/CSeries.html
or like this: https://www.spellmanhv.com/en/Products/UM

My budget is open-ended; if i need it, i get it...well, kind of  ;) . It's all a matter of how convincing one is in front of the benefactors...

Can anyone recommend a reputable source/brand (except Keysighht and Keithley) of ac/dc regulated power supply bricks/rackmount/etc for integration......

A budget or even ballpark figure if you're shy, will make this thread more meaningful, as people here just love to bombard you with various products they had in mind without concerning the depth of your pocket.

As olde says ... Money Talks ...  :P

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf