Author Topic: Atmega32xx PCB footprints  (Read 1990 times)

Offline regimonTopic starter

Atmega32xx PCB footprints
« on: January 28, 2015, 03:50:33 pm »
Quick question but finding it difficult to get a definite answer; Are the footprints/ schematics the same for the atmega32u4 and the atmega32UC3B?

I'm wanting to build a design based on the atmega32U4 but can only find the OrCAD libraries for the atmega32UC3B. Does anyone have experience with the atmega32U4 or have an alternative footprint/ schematic that is identical.

Cheers, Reg.

Online ajb

• Super Contributor
Re: Atmega32xx PCB footprints
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 06:42:15 pm »
I don't think there's any such thing as an ATMega32UC3B.  There's an AT32UC3B, but that's a 32-bit UC3, not an 8-bit AVR, let alone an ATMega.  If that's what you're talking about then the pinouts will certainly be different--they don't even have the same pin count!

Generally with AVRs the first number at the end indicates the flash memory size--so an ATMega32u4 should be the same as an ATMega16u4 except the former will have twice as much flash (and usually twice as much SRAM and EEPROM) as the latter.  Check the datasheets to be sure, though!

Offline regimonTopic starter

Re: Atmega32xx PCB footprints
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 01:54:59 pm »
Yes sorry I was indeed referring to the AT32UC3B. Seem to have found the correct footprint on SnapEDA anyway.

Thanks for your help ajb

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf