Author Topic: COB LED boost driver PCB check?  (Read 1089 times)

Online Nominal AnimalTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
COB LED boost driver PCB check?
« on: March 22, 2019, 06:41:16 pm »
Texas Instruments TPS 61169 is a boost LED driver with PWM control.  Because it filters the PWM instead of chopping the LED current at PWM frequency (but instead at 750 kHz to 1.25 MHz), I'm hoping it would not have the coil/capacitor whine, when PWM'd at 16 kHz or so.

I've designed a tiny board for one TPS61169 and an ATtiny10 at EasyEDA, here, for driving those cheap 3W COB LEDs (12V/250mA) from fleabay, powered from an USB wall wart (less than 1 A at 5 VDC).  I'm hoping I could hand-solder the board together, then program the ATtiny10, and after testing, pot the entire thing using some flexible potting compound.  The same board can be used with up to three buttons or potentiometers, or in my case, a rotary encoder with a switch.  The board is tiny; just half an inch per side (12.7mm × 12.7mm).  (I have verified the TPS61169 pinout.  The datasheet is a bit wonky, because although the schematic symbol looks a bit like the actual chip, the pinout is different.)

As I am just a hobbyist, and the TPS61169 datasheet says the layout is critical for good operation, I'm wondering if mine is acceptable.  Any comments or suggestions?

Schematic:

Board images:

Top and bottom layers, sans silkscreening:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 06:59:01 pm by Nominal Animal »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf