Author Topic: Cross platform software for BM235  (Read 1070 times)

Offline archie1983Topic starter

Cross platform software for BM235
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:19:06 am »
Hi guys,
      Just heard the AmpHour episode #354 – A Meeting Of The Davids. What caught my attention was that the BLE module of BM235 communicates with software running on any platform-- Android, IOS, Windows, etc.

Just a matter of professional interest-- how was that implemented? What development environment was used? What libraries? I am a software guy and am now working on a project where multi platform support is required and I would just like to get a perspective on what was used for BM235. In the past I've used GWT for creating browser based applications in JAVA that can be accessed by anything with a browser- hence multi platform, but I'd like to know what others are using. I would really appreciate some more technical details about multi-platform design tools that were used for BM235 software.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:41:52 am by archie1983 »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
Re: Cross platform software for BM235
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:50:45 pm »
Hi guys,
      Just heard the AmpHour episode #354 – A Meeting Of The Davids. What caught my attention was that the BLE module of BM235 communicates with software running on any platform-- Android, IOS, Windows, etc.

Just a matter of professional interest-- how was that implemented? What development environment was used? What libraries? I am a software guy and am now working on a project where multi platform support is required and I would just like to get a perspective on what was used for BM235. In the past I've used GWT for creating browser based applications in JAVA that can be accessed by anything with a browser- hence multi platform, but I'd like to know what others are using. I would really appreciate some more technical details about multi-platform design tools that were used for BM235 software.

Thanks.
Are you sure it was the BM235 and not Dave's upcoming GW121? As far as I know, the BM235 does not support BlueTooth or any other communications functionality. The GW121 does have a BlueTooth module.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 11:57:32 pm »
It's the 121GW and I'll have to let David explain that.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 12:19:15 am »
BTW, it will all be open source, and David will eventually do a video explaining the development system

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf