Author Topic: Design review: Revised M103v1-3 Bluetooth-equipped lab PSU (analog section)  (Read 1264 times)

Offline technixTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
Hitting 10A on my first design is obviously a foolish decision, as efficiency and choice of components both became significant concern. So I scaled the project back.

Revised specs:

• Primary output: CV/CC
    • Voltage: 0-30V adjustable
    • Current: 0-3A adjustable
    • Maximum output power: 50W (software enforced,) 90W (hardware limit)
    • Topology: Mixed-mode power supply with linear-only mode
    • Relay-switched output
    • Interface: banana jacks
  • Secondary output: CV
    • Voltage: 5.3V fixed
    • Current: 2.5A max
    • Maximum output power: 12.5W
    • Topology: Switch-mode power supply
    • Interface: USB, with programming resistors for iPad charging
  • Control interfaces:
    • Bluetooth 4.0 BLE (iOS compatible)
    • Isolated UART over USB
    • 20x4 LCD display & keypad
  • Control Protocol: AICP/STKP (a binary-oriented packet-switched protocol) over BLE or USB
  • Safety features:
    • Automatic thermal shutdown
    • All outputs are independently fused

Switch-mode section:

Linear section:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:59:41 am by technix »

Offline ohmedarick

Hi:
Nice design. I'm new in electronics. since you made this design may be you can steer me in the right direction. I Have a old Condor Power supply from 1990 I suppose. Its old and came out out of a Stress Test ECG machine.. The PS works fine. It puts out +5 at 10amps ; +12v at 3amps ; -12v at 3 amp ; +15v at 3 amp; +28v at 1.25 amps ; -28v 1.25 amps,  I would like to regulate the voltage between 1.2 to 30 volts and be able to control the current output maybe from  10 um to 1.10 amps on the plus and minus of the 28 volts output of PS. On the 12 volt and 5 volt side output I would like to control the current output from 10 um to 1.5 amps so I don't burn out any of my components when testing on the bread board...  I very prone to shorts. If you have any solution  simple for my problem. please I will appreciate the help. Thanks Ricardo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf